Chapter 36

Evangelina's POV

My eyes were closed but my ears were open. It was strange but that's just how it was. I could faintly hear voices but I couldn't quite make out who they were.

The pain was still coursing through my body.
Did they get the bullet out? Was I going to be okay? Who saved m-

Jaxon.

Images began to fill my head as I remember the events that had happened to me. I was shot in the school library.

"- should be awake in a couple days." I couldn't tell whose voice it was, but it sounded faintly familiar

" Well it's not like she's missing any school. " I heard a breathless laugh and then a few chuckles out words.
" It's closed for a couple weeks "

They must have walked away because I couldn't hear there voices any more. The voices leaving wasn't what bothered me. It was the fact that I couldn't move. I was like a dead weight and I was completely still.

" Hey Sunshine." I knew that voice. It was Jaxon. Well at least I think it is. I tried to mov again but I was still.

I felt fingers move a piece of hair away from my face then warm lips on my head. I wanted to smile but my lips wouldn't let me. I wanted to scream Hold Me but my mind wouldn't let me. I wanted to reach out to him but my body wouldn't let me.

I'm stuck.

" It's Jax, but I think you know that." Yea I do. " I just wanted to tell you that I miss you and you need to come back. Really soon Sunshine. " I could hear him sniffling as if he was crying. " I'll even come and sit with you in your room for however long you want. I'll sleep on the goddamn floor just as long as your okay. "

I'm here Jax.

" Everyone misses you. Some kids had even come by, from school, and gave you flowers." His voice seemed hard but he tried to be calm. " I don't even know why. They don't know you, to them your just some girl who got shot in the library." By this time his hands were on mine, gripping them gently.

" They don't know who you are. " It was barley a whisper but I heard it. " You have to show them who the really Evangelina Rocklin is. The beautiful, amazing, kind Sunshine that we all love. So please do something, squeeze my finger or move your hand or- or anything just please Sunshine." His voice was breaking and at this moment I think my heart was too.

But I'm not going to let this break us. I'm not going to let some guy with a gun tear us apart.

I used all the strength that was left in my body and tried to open my eyes. It didn't work so I tried to move my hand. I felt a slight twitched and I mentally smiled. I tried again and this time my hand opened.

" Lina!?" I heard a scrape of a chair. I could feel Jaxon put his hands on the side of my face and stroke my cheeks with his thumbs.

" Come on baby. You can do it. Let me see those beautiful browns. "

Come on. You can do this.

My eyes flung open and they met with the most amazing blue eyes I've ever seen.

So let's remember that you guys love me and you guys don't hate me for making this chapter like super short. I hate it being this short but I really didn't need much for this chapter. I hope you enjoy it because the count down for the end of the book is coming!! LWMBB is coming to an end you guyyyyyssssss!! I'm sad but happy too. Anyways do me a fav and comment, vote and whatever those things are lol.