Secrets In The Cave

Hades led us through the garden and back to the hall. People still danced and drank. He pulled me to the right, towards elaborate glass door with vines resembling sparks.

As we walked through people, I could see them glancing at us with fear and caution. For a moment I thought glances were towards Hades, but some were shot to me too. It made me really uncomfortable, but Hades sped through the hall quite quickly.

When we left the hall, white grand stairs led us to black carriage pulled by four black mares. They had red eyes and wore spiky armour. I saw black flames under their hoves as well as on their hair. They looked awesome.

'C'mon' Hades said, bringing me from a horse trance and I looked at him. He held carriage's door open and my eyebrows rose.

'Aren't you a gentleman' I said with a small smirk and climbed in. The interior was dark as well. It had seats on both sides covered in black velvet and blinds on each side, covering small windows.

Hades climbed after me and sat across me and closed the door. Silence drenched us.

'Who is going to....' I began asking when I felt a pull followed by wind sound outside mini windows.

'Itself' he said as if he read my mind.

'I see'

Silence.

It was so awkward that I didn't feel how I started quietly singing.

'Let me tell you all a story
About a mouse named Dilory
Dilory was a mouse in a big brown house
She called herself the hoe
With the money blow
But fuck that little mouse 'coz I'm an albatraoz

Dilory said she was a mouse
Smoked the cheese and light it out
Moneyli money money hoe
Katching katching katching kablow
Dilory was a witch
Yeah a sneaky little bitch
So fuck that little mouse 'coz I'm an albatraoz'

I froze when I cought Hades looking at me as if I was a ghost or something. An even more awkward cough came out of my mouth and I looked away from him.

'Wrong song' I mumbled, but to my surprise, I heard a quiet chuckle from Hades. I looked at him surprised and saw amused eyes looking at me.

'You are not acting like a lady should' he said and leaned on his fist.

'Lady?' I was a little bit confused by his remark.

'Sitting with your hands folded, glancing through the window, making small conversations and giggling at every word I say' he said and I frowned.

'I was not thought to do that' I said and nervously looked towards the window.

'Are you afraid to look?' He asked out of the blue and I looked back at him.

'Are we in the air?' I countered his question and saw a smirk slowly appearing on his face.

'Yes'

'I... see....' my body stiffened just imagining the view.

'You're afraid of hights' he stated the fact and my "albatraoz" side instantly came out.

'If you will use that against me, I will cut your balls off' I warned him, but my rude words didn't affect him. He simply leaned back in his seat and kept his smirk.

'I would use that part in a different way against you' his answer took me by surprise and I went quiet.

And then realisation hit me.

I could feel my face turning super red as his smirk widen.

'You.....' I said with my clenthed teeth from embarrassment. I couldn't believe he just said that.

A soft thud cut the emarrassing moment off as we stopped.

'We are here' Hades said and opened the door.

I quickly climbed out first and was met by trees. We were somewhere in the mass of mountains surrounded by really thick forest. I noticed some shrubs with berries and few flowers, heard birds singing and everything was barely illuminated by sun. The place looked untouched, but normal.

But I knew that the entrance to the Underworld was somewhere near.

'If we are going by boat through river Styx then you are paying Charon for the ride and well being of my soul because I'm broke' I said and turned to Hades. He simply rose his eyebrows at me and began walking towards bushes. I noticed that carriage was gone.

'That river is for the dead' he said and pulled the bushes apart. I saw a dark cave and frowned.

'And where is your puppy?' I asked as I peered into the hole.

'He is guarding the main entrance' Hades patiently answered my question and softly pushed me inside.

'Did you kidnap Persephone through this cave?' I was really curious about Hades and his life all of the sudden.

Then I heard a tripping sound.

I turned around and barely made out Hades shocked face which confused me.

'Kidnapped? He asked standing dead in his track.

'Uh... yeah? Humans think that you saw Persephone in some field, got horny and swept her off her feet' I said still confused.

Hades sighed and began walking again.

'Nothing like that happened. She was offered to me by Zeus as a truce to our meaningless bickering' he explained.

'So for ages, people will believe in false myth' I said and instantly slammed my hand over my mouth.

Shit....

I continued to walk forward as if I said nothing, but a hand with steel grip stopped me. In swift motion I was pinned by rough wall of the cave and barely saw Hades' face right in front of me.

'What do you mean ages?' He asked me seriously. My breath left my lungs from cold dread spreading through my body from his hand and I looked wide eyes at him.

'N-nothing...' I whispered, but a growl escaped his throat and he punched the wall right by my head. I let out a startled scream and glued myself to the wall.

His eyes were red.

But just like that, he pulled himself away from me, giving me a little bit of space. He was watching me with his eagle eyes while my body refused to move.

Then he streched his hand and cupped my cheek. The touch was freezing, but for some reason comforting.

We stared at each other for a moment, shadows dancing around us as the sun began to hide itself.

Hades traced the side of my face and before I could react, leaned in and kissed me. My body reacted in a second and I answered to his forbidden kiss. I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't pull myself. He trailed down my neck with his small cold kisses and bit my earlobe. I cought myself right before letting a moan out and bit my own lip while breathing heavily.

'Don't mess with me Era. I promise you, I will find out your secret' he said as darkness swallowed us and everything went black.

Hades is such a troll in my opinion 😂