Faltering Memories

I was sitting in my room writing another letter to Hera. After I got the first one from her three days ago, we began writing each other often. Hermes was a super hero with his speed and delivered letters like a peace of cake. He also told me that he was happy to see his Uncle after a long time and I could see that Hades was pleased to have another man's company too. No homo, but he is living with two women down here.

Just as I finished the last word, Hermes puffed in front of me, ready to take the letter.

'Thanks again for your work' I smiled at the boy and he smiled back. He was a real sweetheart with his cute smile and dimples.

'I'll be right back, Lady Era' he said. I opened my mouth to tell him to stop calling me a lady, but he was already gone leaving a small cloud before me that dispelled in a second. I sighed and looked at the fancy black feather in my hand. I wish people here had......

I froze. My gaze was stuck on the feather while my mind tried to find the right word I was searching for.

What was the device that I kept using all the time back at my time? My breathing hitched when the image of the item I was trying to remember didn't show in my mind. What was going on?

For the first time in whatever I looked back to at the day that lead me here. The feather fell from my hand when I remembered the day. But it wasn't the full, detailed day. I couldn't remember parts of it. How did I get to the party? And who took me there? Those parts were quite important and huge.

Before I could go into panic mode Hermes appeared before me.

'Here you go, Lady Era!' He chirped happily, but his smile faltered into a concerned look. 'are you okay, Lady Era?' He asked and my eyes snapped at him. Not wanting to drag him into my problem I smiled at him.

'I'm fine just remembered something' I said and the boy looked at me with curiosity.

'And what is that?' Hermes asked whitout thinking about peraonal space or business.

'The day I came here' I said and took the letter from him 'thank you' I said and he smiled at me.

'Any time' he replied and disappeared before me completely forgetting his curiosity.

I read the letter where Hera asked to bring Hades to the Olimpus knowing that he will not be interested in this whole thing and placed it on the table with my shaking hands. I decided to take a walk and think this through.

Walking around the halls, unfortunetly, made no difference.

'Era?' A harsh voice brought me back to reality and I turned around to find Hades watching me with the frown.

'Yes?' I asked, but my mind instantly went back to my memories. What was going on with my head? It must be the fact that I didn't look back for some time that made my memories all hazy, right?

'Era!' Hades angry voice startled me and I looked at him with wide eyes.

'W-what?'

'I asked what's wrong' he harshly said and walked to me. Unlike his voice, his touch was soft and with a sigh I leaned into his palm when he cupped my cheek.

'I... I'm fine, just remembered something unpleasant' I explained and he hummed.

'I still don't know a lot of things about you, Era' he said and snaired his arm around my shoulders. My body instantly glued to his and we began walking towards the watchpoint. It was an open balcony like area except 5 times bigger than normal balcony. It looked down to the castle grounds and the spooky forest.

'I can say the same to you' I smiled at him and walked to the stone railing at the edge of the watchpoint.

'Seriously, Era, what is wrong?' Hades persisted and walked next to me. He turned me around and locked me with his hands by the railings. How could he see that I was troubled was beyond me.

'I...I don't know yet' I mumbled and began playing with one of his keys that hung around his torso. He softly raised my head by my chin and looked right into my eyes.

'Try to explain it to me' he ordered me. His voice became calm and I knew that I can trust him.

'When I was writting letter to Hera my mind wondered off to the day when I came here, but....for some reason I can't remember parts of it' My voice faltered a bit and I felt my lower lip begin to tremble.

'Era, you cann't remember everything that happend in your life' Hades tried to assure me, but it didn't help.

'No! It's not just forgetting a useless part of your life! I feel like someone took parts of my memory and simply destroyed it!' My panic blew off like a bomb and my voice rose up. 'The day I came here was one of the most important days in my life, but I can't remember how it all started! Or with who I was throughout the day! It's just gone!'

My eyes locked with Hades, but I didn't saw comforting one. He was in his serious mode and listened to me with a small frown.

'Era, you need to tell me when you were born and where you are from' he said and I frowned with him.

'How does this....' I began, but Hades interupted me.

'Just tell me!' He angrily barked and I flinched away from he. I really didn't want to tell him anything about me. What if he thinks I'm some kind of freak? Or maybe think that I have gone mad? I mean, we are talking about time travel and all that stuff.

Seeing my hesitancy Hades brushed my hair from my face and looked at me.

'Era, you can trust me. I might have answer to your memory lost' he said and I sighed. He was a God after all.

I took a deep breath.

'Before that I must ask. Do you believe in time travel?'