Preparations For Confrontation

The picture I based Cerberus on.

As much as my belly allowed me, I hugged the middle head of the beast and kissed its nose. Cerberus with all three heads let out a whine and then began licking me while wagging his tail. I began laughing as his tongue tickled me and I managed to calm him down. He plopped on his butt, causing a small earthquake, and then got his tongues out. Still wagging his tail, he looked at me with, what I can call, a happy dog grin.

'I missed you, boy' I smiled at him and he barked happily, causing our eardrums squeeze from loudness.

'And now you stink' Aphrodite said and I looked at her. She had her face scrunched in disgust while looking at my drenched clothes. Cerberus' eyes fixated on two Goddesses and a vicious growl escaped his throat. Athena with Aphrodite took a step back as a shadow loomed over me. I looked up and saw Cerberus standing over me in a protective posture and I placed a hand on his leg. One of his heads looked at me and I smiled.

'It's okay, boy, they are of no threat' I said and he stopped growling, but didn't back off.

'Well.... we will be off. You are on your own from here' Athena said and I smiled at her, tears already flowing down my cheeks.

'Thank you for bringing me back' I sniffed and both Goddesses' faces soften.

'Go get that weapon of Hades' Aphrodite winked at me and I giggled while brushing my happy tears away.

'Good luck' Athena said.

'Thank you' was all I said.

Two Goddesses waved a goodbye to me and began climbing up the stairs. They were talking about something and after minute or so, they were gone from my eyesight. I fisted my palms and turned to Cerberus who was wagging his tail again. I giggled and looked at him.

'Let's find Hades' I said and he barked. He turned around and walked through the door with me under him. The moment we walked through the door, they shut and I watched as chains began snaring them. Huge locks appeared and clicked, finally locking me in here.

'Well.... that's new' I said and turned around. And gasped.

The Underworld was completely different from the last time I was here. The sky was pure black and made entire place shrouded in darkness. White mist rolled above the ground and screams from the other plains of the Underworld were heard in here. I looked at Cerberus who was sniffing the air.

'I hope you are coming with me, boy, because I'm scared' I said and I felt my heart boxing my ribs. My hair stood up and shivers ran down my spine. I looked around, expecting for a monster or a zombie to jump on me.

Suddenly, I heard cracking sound and turned around. Cerberus was shaking and.... shrinking? I watched wide eyed as the beast in front of me got smaller and smaller until he was the size of the Great Dane. His appearance was still the same, he still had three heads, but he was... small. I know that Great Danes are huge compared to other pet dogs, but we are talking about 5 or 6 storey house beast turning into a smaller version of himself.

'You... are so cute!' I squeaked and hugged all three heads. Cerberus licked me again and I giggled.

'You are the best dog in entire universe' I praised him while petting and he barked in agreement.

'Okay, let's go' I said quietly and mini Cerberus trotted before me. I followed him and recognized the path. It was the same path I walked with Persephone when I came to the Underworld except this time it was a lot more spooky. We walked and walked until I saw the wall that had that little door. We came to it and opening it we walked inside.

'Whosssse there?' A chilling voice spoke from the darkness and Cerberus instantly walked protectivly before me. He growled and the creature stepped out. It was one of the chimers that roamed the ground, but I noticed that there were a lot more of them. The chimer's eyes landed on me and it sniffed the air.

'You ssssmell like Cerberus and I feel Lord Hades' power insssside you' it said and I smiled.

'Yeah, it his child'

Cerberus growled again and chimer looked at him. They eyed each other for a while and then chimer turned his attention to me again.

'Cerberus sayssss you are Era' it said and I looked at both of them surprised.

'You two can talk?' I asked and a throaty chuckle escaped from the chimer.

'All creatures of the Underworld can sssspeak with each other. Welcome home, Lady Era' it said and I felt tears building up.

'I'm home!' I happily said.

'Follow me, Lady Era. I will take you to the baths and then to Lord Hadesss' it said and not waiting for us, walked away. Mini Cerberus and I followed the creature and walking up the steps, we were inside the castle. I looked around and saw that nothing changed apart from erie silence. It gave me chills.

Halls after halls shrouded in shadows, we finally reached the baths. I turned around to the chimer who was sitting in waiting mode.

'If Hades is in the Throne room then I know how to get there' I said and chimer blinked.

'Very well' was all he said and walked away. I looked at Cerberus. He was still wagging his tail.

'You are so cute' I said to him and with a bark from him, we walked into the baths. Nothing changed here either.

I walked to the end of the room and picked nettle shampoo and some rose oil. Taking my clothes off, I carefully entered warm water and finding an underwater bench, sat down. A happy sigh escaped my lips and I watched Cerberus standing at the edge of the spring. He sniffed the water and then jumped in. A huge watter wave splashed me and I giggled.

Deciding that wasting time in here would result in more innocent lives destroyed, I took the shampoo and began rinsing my hair. After it was white from bubbles, I oiled my body and waited for the oil to seep into my skin. I washed myself in super speed while Cerberus just swam around me and played with water.

Just as I penguined out of spring, doors opened up and a spectral maid walked in with clothes in her hand. She saw me and her mouth dropped open.

'L-lady Era?!' She exclaimed with shock.

'Hello' I giggled and she hurried to me.

'You are pregnant' she stated it as a fact and I nod.

'Mini Hades in here' I said and we both chuckled at that.

'Lord Hades will be elated to finally see you' the maid spoke while helped me into a white tunic which was three times the size I normally wore.

'I hope' I said and braided my hair. I put silver earrings and a bracelet that maid gave me and pulled sandals up my knee.

'May I accompany you to the Throne room? Lord Hades is with other... guests in there' the maid said with a pause by the "guests" word and I nod.

'Of course. Cerberus, let's go' I hurried the mini beast and he jumped out of the water. After a dry off shaking, he trotted to me and I petted him.

'Follow me, Lady Era' the maid said and we left the bath.