Bonus: Promises Of Love

I felt myself floating somewhere warm and fuzzy. The feeling was so comfy that I decided not to open my eyes and just enjoy it. I let the warmth lull me for what felt like days when something touched my cheek. I tried to swat whatever touched me, but I couldn't move my hands. That made me frown and I tried to move, but I had no control over my body. I couldn't feel my body. Panic seeped through me and my breathing increased.

I was paralyzed

I tried to open my eyes, but it felt as if they were glued. With my increasing panic, I noticed that I wasn't breathing as well and only feeling as if I was breathing, but my chest wasn't moving.

Am I dead?

With that thought the fuzzy feeling became disgusting for me and I tried to open my eyes again.

I want to leave

Again, with the thought, pain exploded through my body and I groaned. The center of the pain was my spine and I tried to wiggle, to lessen the pain, but not an inch of my body moved.

I want to live!

I screamed to no one in my mind and memories flashed before me. My wedding, the festival, Era and my fight with Ares.

I felt my body being pulled and I finally opened my eyes gasping like a fish for air. My vision was a blur and I blinked a few times. A woman was leaning over me and watching me. She looked familiar and shaking my memories, I recognized.

'Hera?' She smiled at me and sat at the edge of the bed I was in.

'Glad to see you awake. Ares is going crazy from worry' she said and I pushed myself up. I sat down and leaned to the back of the bed, my body feeling really heavy.

'Where am I?' I asked and looked around the room. The bed was made out of dark wood and had crimson sheets, there was lit fireplace in front of the bed that had fire crackling inside. To my right was a wall with a wardrobe and a bookshelf made from dark wood as well and to my left was a huge balcony that had red see through drapes closing the entrance. The room itself was made out of white marble and was huge.

'You are currently in Ares bedroom' Hera replied and I frowned.

'Why am I here?'

'Ares killed you' she replied as if we were discussing dress colours and my jaw dropped.

'Killed me? But I feel good' I replied and she chuckled.

'Ares cut your chest open, his kick crushed your organs and the hit to the arena's wall broke your spine. Plus, you bled a lot, so yes, he killed you' she explained and I instantly pulled my new tunic that I don't remember having. My bare chest looked at me, but I saw no wound.

'Your soul was on its way to the Underworld to meet your friend, but we gave you ambrosia and you successfully fought for your life' she said and I sat in silence for a minute.

I almost died

'But I never though death would be so warm and fuzzy' I said and Hera rose her brows at me.

'Warm and fuzzy? You must have been floating towards one of the plains of the Underworld according to your life.'

'So I lived my life correctly?' I joked and the Goddess chuckled.

'It seems so. Well, welcome to the immortal life' she chuckled while I looked at her shocked.

'Immortal?'

'I'll let Ares explain everything, he probably already stabbing himself to death, thinking you are long gone' she said standing up and left laughing at my expression I gave her.

For a moment I sat alone in the room, thinking that Hera was right when the door to the room flew open and Ares ran in. He closed the door and instantly ran to me. In a second I was engulfed in his strong arms, no trace of angry God of War.

'I'm so sorry' he whispered to my ear and I patted him on the back, not knowing what to do. He kept repeating it, his voice dropping into guilty one more and more.

'Stop apologising, it's my fault for asking to not hold back' I said and he pulled away. He shook his head and took my hand, his eyes locked on it.

'It's my fault for not be able to hold my anger' he said and looked really young with guilt on his face.

'Why did you lost your crap anyway?' I asked, remembering his sudden change. That looked really cool and scary at the same time.

I watched him look away and rub his neck, a hint of embarrassment.

'No one has been able to injure me' he said and I blinked at him. I was the first one?

Before I knew, I was laughing my ass off while Ares looked at me surprised.

'That's it?' I asked, trying to calm down, but couldn't stop giggling.

'Astrid, I almost killed you' he said frowning.

'Because I gave you a cut. Imagine what my opponents that I crushed would think. The woman who didn't even drop a sweat in defeating them died because she gave a cut to her new opponent' I said and couldn't hold another fit of laughter. Ares smiled at me, his bad mood nonexistent.

'That would be a graceful way of dying' he said and I chuckled, finally calming down.

'Graceful my ass' I said and smirked at him. 'Seriously, no need to apologize when I'm alive'

'But I won' Ares smirked and I huffed

'You cheated'

'When your life or the city depends on you, cheating is a very.... popular way of winning in the war' he said thoughtfully and I sighed.

'Fine, you win' I said and he smirked again.

Without a warning, Ares leaned in and kissed me. It was a quick kiss and he pulled right away.

'The deal is still on' he said, his voice low and I smirked. I traced my finger down his bare chest and smirked even more when he growled, lust obvious in his eyes.

'The sun is still in the sky' I said and he leaned in so that our noses were touching. I was caught in playful yet intimate atmosphere he created instantly.

'We can make an exception for the first time' he said and grabbing my ankles, pulled me down so that I was laying. I only giggled at his eagerness.

He climbed on me and locked me in place by sitting on my hips. I smirked at that.

'Shouldn't it be another way around?' I asked and saw his eyes shift.

'We'll definitely try that' he said and leaning in, kissed me. I answered his kiss and let him deepen it, but he did not continue for long. He pushed himself away a little bit and held himself on one arm while taking my hand with another.

'I do not wish for you to think that I desire only your body' he said, looking straight to my eyes.

'You do not?'

He frowned and his face turned into disgusted one.

'I'm not my father, I'm more than happy to be with one woman' he said and I smiled 'I will earn your love one way or another' he continued and kissed my palm.

'I believe you' I said and he looked at me with a smirk.

'And once I do, we will put our deal in action'

I only laughed instead of answering him until he shut me with another kiss.

The End 🔥