Goodbye

When Zeus locked me in there, I didn't take him or my situation seriously. I thought, maybe he will get bored and release me, but looking back now, he was serious from the start.

Soon my days meshed into one mess and everything about them were the same. Sun in here never changed positions with the moon and soon I lost count of the days. I knew Zeus had only seven days to prepare for whatever Hades will bring once he hears about it, but to me it looked like I was stuck in here for a month, maybe even a year.

I stopped talking to Zeus in hopes of him taking pity on my and understanding his wrong doing. Now I would just sit with my back to him and ignore him. As he, I bet, would say, I stooped chirping. My actions in this damned cage were limited, so I didn't even bother of searching for something to do.

One day, or somewhere in that mush of days, Zeus came into the room. I, as always, ignored him, thinking he just brought food, but I was for a surprise.

I heard the cage's door groan from lack of usage and my head snapped its way. Zeus stood in the door frame and smirked at me.

'Finally graced me with your attention' he chuckled while I just sat there and blankly looked at him. What was he planning? Killing me in front of Hades? That would only bring him doom.

I watched as Zeus walked into the cage and grabbed my arm out of the blue. He roughly pulled me up and I was dragged out of the bird cage. I swear, even the air outside the cage was lighter. Even birds began chirping either happily or sadly.

Zeus, with his iron grip, dragged me out of the room and down the hallway. Now that I was out and was pretty sure that Zeus was going to put his plan in order, I felt worry and fear mix with each other in my stomach. It painfully squeezed my insides and I began nimble my lip in worry.

Soon we turned nth hallway and we, more like Zeus, stormed into a room.

A throne room.

But that wasn't what caught my attention. It was the most handsome birdfriend I have ever seen. With him here meant that seven days has passed.

'Hades...' I breathed out, my voice barely audible, but he picked it up instantly. He turned around with his "I'm so calm that you might as well run" face and looked at me. But it instantly turned into an angry one.

'What's going on here?' He asked as his voice made whole hall freeze. But Zeus wasn't fazed.

'Ahh! Hades! Perfect timing!' Zeus called out to his brother happily and stopped at the foot of the thrones, right before Hades. The latter frowned at him, but didn't move. Zeus went on.

'I was sure you were tired of our feud, but when I send you my daughter as a peace treaty, you completely ignore it. Why?'

On why word Zeus' voice went emotionless, as if Hades just took his whole personality down to The Underworld with him.

'What are you implying?' Hades voice was still cold enough to freeze a penguin.

'I gave you something of my own, so I will take something of your own' he said.

Suddenly, I was propped up a bit and Zeus pulled me into him. His disgusting breath fanned my neck and I felt him trace it with his nose.

Hades growled, his furious growl moving entire pantheon. As a result, from the edge of my eyes I saw other Olympians running into the hall. Almost everybody gasped at the sight and froze while I tried to get away from Zeus.

'But I thought that won't be enough for me' Zeus continued and I was abruptly locked before him with his muscled arm snaked around my neck.

'Your little whore ruined my family and-'

'You did that by yourself' Hades cut Zeus and if not for his grip, I would have shouted "get fucked bitch!".

Zeus didn't say anything, but I was sure he was throwing daggers at Hades.

'She started it, so I'm going to make everything right. By killing her' he said and tightened his arm around my neck. A whimper escaped my lips and I gripped Zeus' arm, trying to get it off of me. He wasn't choking me, but it was difficult to breathe. I looked at Hades and the creepiest, even creepier than creep maids, thing happened.

A sadistic smile slowly stretched over Hades face.

'Kill her, I dare you'

He said those words slowly, stretching pauses between words. My eyes widen and I looked at the man that had the same features as Hades I knew, but wasn't him at the same time.

Then I felt Zeus shudder from behind me. He was scared of Hades and I wasn't even surprised by that. Even other Olympians took a step back from Hades.

'D-do you really think you can win against me?!' Zeus shouted as Hades took a slow step towards us. He didn't reply so Zeus tightened his grip even more and I choked a bit.

'I will kill her!' He shouted.

'I dare you' the same words left Hades mouth, but his smile vanished. Only hatred and anger was shown to everyone.

Zeus took a step back and releasing me for a second grabbed my throat with his hand.

'I changed my mind, neither of us will have her and you won't see her ever again!' Zeus shouted and I felt air shift behind my back.

I felt panic run through my body and out of the instincts I pulled one of my kunais. Without a thought I swung it down to Zeus' thigh, but he caught the blade with his bare hand. A horrible scream escaped his mouth as the blade was ripped out of my hand and with a clingy noise slided by Hades feet, leaving a streak of blood behind it.

'You bitch!'

My eyes locked with Hades, his wide open as I felt Zeus push me back.

'Hades!' I screamed, my arm outstretched to him as if he could just teleport through entire hall and grab it and blue light swallowed me.

Let's have a moment of silence for the poor penguin. 🙏