Pin it on me

Mmh...things are getting pretty ugly here...

Ah,next update is tomorrow ;) 

CHAPTER 10 - PIN IT ON ME

I know what you're playing at, but it won't work

I rolled my eyes at the incoming text from my soon to be ex husband. It's taken him even too long to bust me, I'd have expected him to sense my game long ago, instead it's been five weeks already. Weird. I guess he was too busy screwing his French bitch to notice. 

When my friend Darlene, whose office is right next to Lukas', told me how much that bitch had been hanging around my husband, I wasn't surprised. Come on, he was sleeping with her before, what would keep him now? It's not like I can play morally perfect here, I've been bedding my sort of boss, too.

Well, technically Jeremy isn't my boss, my boss is the newsroom's manager, but because Jeremy, more than just anchorman, is also news director, he is technically my employer. In truth, it's a mutual collaboration between us. But the point here, I can't exactly blame Lukas for bedding his intern while I'm bedding my anchorman. What irks me is that I started after, he started way before the divorce.

Either way, idiotic was that Lukas texted me while we were at a meeting with our lawyers, and he was sitting right in front of me, hence, I didn't reply, just remained there while the lawyers explained the procedures.

It should be pretty easy, actually. If we're here, at this meeting, it's only because we need to agree on the terms of the divorce, the trial is in five months, but our lawyers thought it was best to get advanced on the program, and I agree. They both perceived it wouldn't be easy to get me and Lukas to agree with the terms, so that's why we need the most time possible before the trial, this way we won't drag on and on a situation that would only hurt our kids.

Already telling Zach about the divorce was harsh, I can't imagine having him and his sisters show up in court, be part of the whole circus ... no, we better settle this between us. It's something Lukas too agrees on, the farther from the kids this whole ordeal is, the better. That's why I'm not claiming faults of any kind. 

We're filing Irretrievable Breakdown, meaning that the divorce is consensual because of incompatibility reasons. I could blame him for it, bringing in the cheatings, but then he would fight back, I know him all too well, and this damn thing would go on too long. I just want to get it over with, so that I'll start over, a life where I am rid of the poison this jerk brought into my life.

However it might not be easy, because there are kids, as the lawyers said, and I – quote – have no grounds to deny his fatherly rights, and because he is keen on fighting the full custody I'm claiming, things might indeed get ugly.

When I told Zach his dad and I were getting divorced, at first he was confused, didn't understand what I meant by saying that his daddy would not live with us anymore, it took me a while to get him to accept it, which he hasn't fully. 

I'll admit I do feel a pang of jealousy every time my little boy asks to see his father. I gave Lukas no more than three days per week, but apparently for Zach that's not enough, he's always asking for more. I guess that, if we'll get to have the kids choosing, I might lose my son.

I shouldn't be surprised, Zach has always been closer to his dad, there's always been this ... male bond between them, being the sole two male members of the family. It hurts, but was he forced to choose, I'm quite certain Zach would pick his dad over his mom. 

I just hope we won't get to that, also because then it'll be harder to protect my son in a worst case scenario where his dad decides he is definitely back to the asshole that in high school beat up kids just because they seemed to have looked at him sideways.