Chapter 26

*Narrative POV*

Not even one month later and Dan had already tortured hundreds and thousands of people. Some may have been innocent, but he didn't seem to care. He was losing himself. Each cut, burn, scrape and scream slowly chipped away at Dan's spirit until he was nothing but a black abyss. All the guilt and pity that had been weighing down on his shoulders like rocks had been lifted and released with the scariest feeling of all.

Pleasure.

Dan had begun to enjoy torturing people. All trace of who Dan was before was now a forgotten memory, you wouldn't even be able to tell it was him anymore. He looked the same, minus the black eyes, but now his dimples show with every heart-wrenching scream that shook the victims vocal cords until they choked on their own blood or were melted away into nothing.

Dan had just finished with a victim and was cleaning off his weapons with his tongue. He liked the taste of blood. It tasted of iron with a hint of salt. Everyone's blood tasted differently, so he loved to try each and every one.

Dan sensed his next victim appear behind him, but something felt different. There was something....bright about them. Like a feeling of warmth, but not the kind Dan was now used to from burning in hell. Dan almost felt intimidated, which was strange since Dan knew that he was the intimidating one now.

Dan turned around, raising his eyebrows at the sight of a person, or angel, he had nearly forgotten about.

"Phil." Dan said bluntly as he obviously body check him, shaking his head to repress the memories that flashed through his head. "What brings you here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Phil's words had a heartbroken ring to them as they rolled off his tongue. His face resembled one of a puppy that had been abused by its owner, except Phils pain wasn't physical. Not yet, anyways.

"Oh," Dan chuckled menacingly while twirling the now clean knife around his finger. "I think we know why."

"Then get on with it." Phil ordered, his facial expression changing from despair to determine. Dan raised a brow at him.

"Excuse me?"

"Torture me." Dan let out a deep chuckle as if Phil had just told a joke. Phil, the precious little angel, is asking to be torchered?

"No." Dan smirked while ducking his head.

"You have to." Phil said while taking a step towards Dan.

"Say's who?" Dan challenged. He raised his eyes to look at Phil. Phil repressed his urge to yelp and jump away. He hated to admit it, but he was scared of him. His Dan. His fragile little bean who had never been harm to anybody but himself. The one he loved more than life itself. The one who made him smile even when he didn't want to. Phil blinked back a tear as he thought of who Dan used to be and who he was now. What if he didn't get him back?

"Oh, I don't know...Lucifer?" Phil remarked. Dan poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue in contemplation.

"Alright." He sighed. "Strip."

"Excuse me?" Phil questioned with a furrowed brow.

"What, do you need help?" Dan asked semi-flirtily as he approached Phil. Dan got his hand to Phil's top button before he swatted them away.

"Why do I need to strip?"

"Because," He grabbed Phils shirt and sliced the fabric, an audible ripping sound ringing through their ears. Phil flinched as the knife just barely missed his skin. "It's easier to torture you that way."

Phil tensed as Dan dragged the knife across his pale skin, forcing his eyes to not look down as Dans exposed skin that was now only inches away from him. He ground his teeth and squeezed his eyes shut as Dan pressed the knife into his skin. Dan tutted.