10. Interrogations

When I woke up the next morning, I was almost positive that the events of last was just a weird dream. Surely Edward hadn't told me his secret and I most definitely didn't believe him. Did I? Yeah, I did.

I got dressed for school with excitement thinking about how the day would go by smoothly. When I walked down stairs I saw that Charlie was already gone for work. I grabbed an apple for breakfast and continued out of the door. I was stopped in my tracks when I noticed Edward's silver car sitting in my drive way. I felt a smile creep onto my face.

"Do you want a ride," he asked with a dazzling smile.

"Sure," I said walking to the car trying not to hop on the way there. I sat in the car and looked at him expectantly. He was just sitting there staring at me with a dumb grin on his face.

"So... are you going to drive?"

"Oh, yeah sure," he started up the car and pulled out of the drive way. For a vampire, he acting very ...human today. I don't even know what I meant by that exactly. He just seemed different.

"I brought my jacket for you. I don't want you to get sick." He looked over my outfit and seemed displeased. I guess my ripped jeans and navy blue t-shirt wasn't protective enough. It was then that I noticed his attire wasn't that much different from mine. I was never one to dress girly.

"Thanks," I said after realizing I hadn't responded to him.

"What no twenty questions this morning?"

"My questions bother you, Edward?" I asked.

"No, your reactions do."

"Why," I asked taken back from his response.

"Most people wouldn't be in a car with someone they just found out was a vampire," he noted.

"I live on the edge. What can I say?" I shrugged my shoulders with a sarcastic smile.

He shook his head and said "You never tell me what you are really thinking do you?"

"Sometimes, I must keep you on your toes," I responded. I then noted that he had to be the cause of my good mood because I wasn't a morning person. A moment passed between us, I then thought about his brothers and sisters.

"Where are your siblings? You didn't ditch them just to give me a ride, did you?"

"They took Rosalie's car," he said as we pulled into parking space next to a red convertible.

"Nice, isn't it?" He noticed the look on my face.

"It's gorgeous," I agreed. "I thought you guys liked to blend in?"

He laughed lightly "I guess we are breaking all the rules."

"Rules were made to be broken after all," I stated.

I took noted of how close Edward walked next to me as we got out of the car. We entered the cafeteria and I noticed Jessica. She looked at me as if I were and alien with five arms.

"Hey Jessica," I said easily as if I hadn't noticed her expression. She wordlessly handed me my jacket.

"Good morning, Jessica," Edward said politely. It took everything for me not burst out laughing. Her expression was a little overdramatic.

"Um...hi." She shifted her weight. "I'll see you in Trig." She turned and walked away.

"Yeah, see you then."

Edward laughed musically.

"What?" I asked.

"She is going to ambush you in class. She wants every detail," he informed me.