22. Hide and Seek

I still sat on the bed thinking over my plan. Jasper had yet to return. I looked around for my bag that I carried everywhere with me. I picked it up from beside the bed and began to look through it. It held my make-up, wallet, a pack of gum, lip balm, and a hair brush. I searched until I found the item that would prove to be the most useful to me in time, one of my dad's guns. A fully loaded Glock 22, safety on for obvious reasons. I held it up and admired it. I was a beautiful one. I know what you're wondering. When did I have time to grab a gun while I was packing? The truth is I didn't. I always carry it. When I turned 15 I had upgraded from pepper spray to something a little more lethal. I didn't start carrying one until I was attacked in Port Angeles. Sure, Edward was there to save me, but I knew he wouldn't always be there. My mom was pissed, of course, when she found out my dad had been giving me extensive lessons in firearms whenever I visited him. I put the gun back in my bag and sat the bag on the bed.

I went to go check up on the status with Jasper. He'd returned and it looked as if Alice was having another vision. Damn it! Her little visions could ruin the whole plan and get my mother killed.

"Bella," she called.

"I'm right here," I responded as I bounded over to her. Jasper and I were on either side. She blanked and shook her head.

"What did you see?" I asked.

"Nothing really. Just the same room as before," she said. I tried not to show relief.

"That's too bad," I responded.

"Did you want breakfast?" Alice asked.

Jasper looked at his watch. "Can you eat at the airport? Time crunch," he said.

"Sure," I said.... Wait a minute. Airport!? Fuck. How the hell am I supposed to get a Glock 22 through airport security? I was about to face palm when I stopped and looked up.

"Um...actually. I have a thing against airport food. So, can we stop somewhere along the way?" I asked.

"I suppose," he said.

I grabbed my bag quickly and met them at the door. "Let's go," I said anxiously.

I was happy as hell to be out of that hotel room, but my happiness was short lived seeing as how I was about to walk into the jaws of death. I had my eyes closed in the car. I felt the car stop and opened them. Jasper was pulling into a Subway. I got out of the car and Alice moved to follow me. I laughed, "I don't need security just to buy a sandwich."

"Okay. Seven minutes," she said.

"Make it ten. I must pee. You know human things," I said.

I walked into the store ignoring the friendly greeting as I walked straight to the bathroom. I took my gun out of the bag and stuck it in the waist of my pants. I then took my bag and sat it in one of the stalls. I looked around for an exit. I couldn't leave the same way I came in. I looked at my phone. I'd kept it off since I left. I still had nine minutes. I turned it on and went to the Uber app. There was someone four minutes away. I cheered excitedly and then stopped. Why am I cheering again? I reminded myself to focus. I opened the window and slid through easily.

  I noticed the car pulling up. It was much faster than I thought. I only had five minutes left. I hopped in the car with little to no hesitation. It was an older guy. He was Hispanic with a thick accent. "Hello, mam," he said.

"Hi. Um... can you drive now?" I asked not wanting to waste any more time.

"Well, I need to know where?" he said, all politeness in voice disappeared. I quickly gave him the address and handed him two, one hundred-dollar bills that I borrowed from Jasper. He sped off from the subway. I looked in the back window as we got further and further away.