18. The Game pt 2/ The Hunt

The Game pt 2

I watched the sky darken from my designated place on the field. It was safely out of the way from where all the action would be taking place. The game wasn't very easy to watch seeing as how they moved like lightning bolts across the field, but it was still entertaining. Edward was intriguing to watch, as he interacted with his family. He seemed to be happy. He wore a genuine smile on his beautiful face, and every time we made eye contact he seem to be asking the question 'Are you as happy as I am?' And I'd smiled back because I wanted him to know that I was. Honestly, there was no place I'd rather be. The game continued for a short while. It was weird to see that the Cullen's never got winded. After all the running they still looked like super models.

Edward had just got the jump on Emmett which caused me to cheer excitedly. Rosalie sent me an evil looked but that didn't stop me from being happy. Her attitude towards me seemed to get worse the more time went on. Despite her being one hundred times stronger than me I still didn't back down from her.

"I guess my man is better than yours," I joked under my breath. I knew I didn't have to yell because of her super hearing. Before I could follow my sentence with another punch line, she appeared right in front of me. "Edward, your play thing is getting out hand," she said through her teeth. I laughed dryly. "Bite me."

Yeah, I know how stupid that was, but I wasn't intimidated by very many people. Especially not a blonde vampire with crooked eyeliner. She isn't as perfect as she seems from far away. I crossed my arms and she stood in my face. She was a little taller than me, but my attitude made up for the difference.

I felt a cold hand on my shoulder. "I think that's - ..." Alice began to say something but her face changed to a look of horror. I gave Edward a questioning glance and he was focused on Alice. No doubt, he was seeing whatever she was. "What is it?" Emmett called as he suddenly appeared next to Rosalie.

"They changed their course. Bella get behind Edward and don't move," she instructed me. I did as I was told despite my confusion. I looked in the same direction as everyone else. They must've seen something that I was missing.

"Everyone stay calm. They don't seem hostile," Carlisle spoke in an authoritative voice.

Edward's strong arm wrapped around my back and I leaned into his embrace. I turned slightly to see his expression. He was beyond pissed. Clearly, there was something that only him and Alice were aware of.

"I'm sorry," he whispered him my ear. "I should've been more careful. How could I be so stupid?" His grip on waist tighten to an uncomfortable point. I know it wasn't done on purpose.

"Edward," I said in a relaxed voice as I patted his arm. He loosened his grip.

***

18. The Hunt

A few seconds of silence passed. I was sure the loudest thing to be heard was my breathing. I finally see could them. There were three of them, a female and two males. One of the males had shoulder length blonde hair. The woman had long fiery red hair. The other guy who stood to her left was about the same color me. He had dreads that went down his back. I felt my chest tighten as I understood why everyone grew so tense. These were the nomads that Edward told me about. Their eyes weren't the same gold colors as the Cullen's. The nomad's eyes were a dark red color and looking into them made my skin crawl.

"We thought we heard a game," that dark skinned guy said. He had a slight accent and a friendly voice.

"I'm Laurent, and this is James and Victoria," he said as gestured to himself then the other two.