11. Complications

Everyone watched as we entered Biology together. The extra attention was still something I was getting used to. When we took our seats, Edward sat rather close to me. I didn't mind it, but I was aware of his every movement.

Mr. Banner informed the class that we would be having a movie day, to which the class responded happily. He turned the lights off and started the movie. As soon as the opening credits began, I had already decided that this would be a perfect time for a nap. I sighed, which caught Edward's attention, and put my head down.

"Bella? Are you okay?" He asked concern on the edge of his voice.

"I'm fine. I just don't want to watch this boring ass movie," I responded with a small smile.

"Have you seen it before?"

"No." I said already knowing what he was going to say.

"Then how do you know it's boring?" He said shaking his head slightly at me like I was being ridiculous.

"It's in black and white," I said in a duh tone. He chuckled but didn't respond. I quickly fell asleep once the conversation disappeared.

***

When I woke up to the sound of the bell, I realized that I had been laying on Edward's shoulder. Oh, how clique. I leaned away from him in slight embarrassment, but he just smiled slightly.

He walked me to my gym class not saying much. The silence was comfortable. I had fallen quickly into a routine with Edward, and it was hard to imagine what school was like before we became close, though it wasn't long ago. We stood in front of the gym doors and he looked as if he were going to say something but he was still contemplating it.

Instead of saying anything he reached out and lightly stroked my faced. Had he been anyone other than himself, I would have smacked their hand away, but I didn't mind it. It was a rather strange gesture, but nothing about Edward was ordinary. Every day he did something that surprised me.

"I'll see you later," I said coolly trying to seem like I wasn't a little shook. He nodded and walked away.

Gym was no less hellish than it usually was. Mike and I ended up on the same team by "chance" as he called it. Really it was just a part of his plan to corner me and ask me about Edward.

"So..." He trailed off as he stood next to me watching the game of racket ball.

"So," I said raising an eyebrow.

"You and Cullen, huh?" He asked as his tone of disapproval added to the deeper meaning of his question. You see, what he meant was, 'Why not me?'

"Not into minding your own business, huh?" I shot back at him. It was the nicest response I could think of.

"I don't like it," he stated while ignoring my question.

"Mike, there is no need to be salty because I'm with Edward. I don't have feelings for you... deal with it," I was trying my best to keep my voice down.

"So you guys are together. He looks at you like you're something to eat," he stated.

"And you followed me around like a lost puppy for a week straight. What's the difference? Why are you so worried?" I said angrily. I balled my fist.

He shook he his head, "He only wants one thing from you, Bella."

"Yeah well, once again, not your fucking business," I said before storming off to go get dressed.

I knew that there would be some people who didn't like the idea of Edward and I being together, but I never expected any of them to be bold enough to say anything to my face about it. Edward hadn't even kissed me yet, and Mike was trying to imply that he only wants sex from me. If anything it was I who wanted in his pants. So what if that sounds bad? I couldn't believe how judgmental people were being.

I walked out of the gym and looked up to see Edward leaning against a wall waiting for me. I tried my best to put on a happy face when he saw me.

"Hi," I said trying not to overdo it.

"Hello," he smiled. "How was gym?"

"It was okay," I said evenly, maybe a little too evenly. Did I end up sounding like Siri? I suck at lying. I looked at his face to see if he noticed, but he didn't seem too.

"You sure?" He asked. His eyes focused on something, or should I say someone behind me, Mike.

"Newton's getting on my nerves," he said.

"You are so nosey," I said rolling my eyes.

"And you're a bad liar," he laughed.

"Bite me," I countered with a smirk though I really was bothered by his intrusion.

He laughed and threw his hands up in mock surrender, "You win."

The parking lot was still full of students when we got there. I looked over to Rosalie's red convertible. Edward's siblings were all crowded watching us as we walked to his Volvo. It bothered me how they all stared but said nothing. They even seemed to stop their conversation as we walked by.

I sighed as I got in the car and Edward looked at me.

"Are you upset still?" He asked.

"Yep," I said not meeting his gaze.

"Will you forgive me if I apologize?" he asked sincerely.

"Why don't you apologize and see if you get lucky?" I said trying not crack a smile. I wasn't mad so much as annoyed with him.

"I'm sorry I upset you," he said. His eyes told me that he meant it. It was as if he wanted nothing more in the world than for me to accept his apology. That made me feel like a bitch. The more I got to know Edward, the more I learned about how he thought. He was very sure of himself most of the time about everything. He was great at decision making, it even showed in his emotions. He was in a way... a complete open book. Which was ironic with his ability being able to read minds.

"I accept," I said with a laugh. "But, I get to drive on Saturday." I added.

"I guess so," he smiled.

When we got to Charlie's I almost hadn't realized we were there.

"You still want to know why you can't see me hunt?" He asked. I had almost forgot that I had ever even asked him that.

"It's the thought of you being there... while we hunted." He added.

"When we hunt, it's almost like we become one with our most animalistic side. It's easy to lose control. And with your scent... that could end very badly," he explained as he were picturing it. He shook slightly. I wanted to touch his shoulder but I decided against it.

"Edward... It was just a thought I had. It won't ever come to that," I said trying make my voice sound calm.

He nodded, "It's getting late."

"Yeah it is," I said. I still sat there a little expectantly. When the hell was he going to kiss me? I pictured myself grabbing his shirt and kissing him, but the fear of rejection alone kept me in my place.

"So... I guess I'll see you tomorrow..." I trailed off as I turned to open the door.

"Oh, Bella?" he called. Hell yeah, this is it! He is going to do it. I turned to meet his gaze slowly.

I leaned in preparing myself, but stopped when he smiled and said, "Tomorrow I get to ask the questions." You have got to be fucking kidding me! That's it? Okay, keep it together, Bella.

"Oh...uh sure," I said reaching for the door and getting out of the car. He sped off and I watched his silver car disappeared down the street. He will actually be the death of me, I was sure of it.

*** Alrighty so I am back. I really do appreciate all the patience. I love this story and I will finish it. I am back on a writing schedule so you can expect chapters at a regular pace now. Also, just a side note. You never know when the last time you see someone will be, so take a look at all the people in your lives and make sure they how much you value and love them. Trust me I speak from experience, Love you guys. Vote, comment, and stay lit <3***