23. The Angel

So, this is death? Nothingness? Darkness? How could we go through such an eventful life just to come to this? Death is not all it cracked up to be. Though, I wasn't sure what I expected. A white light? A giant golden gate? Intense burning of some sort? I wished there wasn't just blackness.

Suddenly, I found my eyes open. A figure was standing over me. I heard my name in a frantic tone being repeated.

"Bella, stay with me," the voice begged.

When my eyes finally focused, the person became clear to me. Edward stood over me trying to wake me from my unconsciousness. He looked so scared. I had never seen fear so present in his eyes. I wanted to tell him that I was okay, but I couldn't open my mouth to speak. I became aware of the intense burning in my... Well... Everywhere. My head, arms, legs, feet, the burning raged over my entire body. My left wrist, however, burned the most. It felt as if I was being burned alive, but when I looked around the only flames I saw were on the other side of the room. "My wrist," I croaked. Edward and Carlisle both looked at my arm. Carlisle sneered in anger "He bit her...." He trailed off. Edward looked at me in horror. "We have to stop it! Help me. I can't do this to her," he pleaded with Carlisle. Carlisle looked at me with sad eyes, as I mumbled senselessly about the pain.

"There is only one thing we can do," he said. Alice then appeared. She looked down at me and inhaled the air. She opened her eyes slowly. "Alice go help with the fire," Carlisle ordered her. The scent of my blood had gotten to her. She zoomed away without saying a word. Carlisle and Edward made eye contact. "Are you sure you don't want to go through with it? Our only other option could mean her death," Carlisle informed Edward.

"What is it? I'll do anything," Edward pleaded with Carlisle as he got down on his knees and held me.

"Carlisle what is it?!" Edward screamed loudly.
"You have to suck the venom out," he said in a quiet voice. I almost didn't catch what he'd said Edward looked at him and shook his head. "I can't." He wept over me, tears actually fell from his eyes. His expression was one that I would never forget.

"It's your only option," Carlisle said.

Edward took hold of my wrist. He looked me right in the eyes. "This is going to hurt, but I have no other choice," he said.

I realized what he was doing and began to panic. What if he couldn't stop? Would his love for me be enough to keep from going too far? The person that I went through all of this for, could end up being the reason that I died. That wasn't a fate that I accepted. "Don't," I said weakly. There was no way to know that he would stop for sure. I just knew that I didn't want to die. Edward looked at me and tighten his grip on my arm as I tried to pull away. "Just let it happen," I pleaded weakly. "I will not let you die," he said to me. He had a crazed look in his eyes. "I would be like you," I said. "You can't be like me. I won't let you become this," he said. With no further discussion, he bit down in the same spot that James did. 

My scream was one that I didn't know I was capable of. I had never understood the term "pure agony" until that very moment. I could feel the hot tears rolling down my face. A few moments ago, I thought I was dead, but now I realized that I had never been more alive. I had a new-found respect for just living. It was so simple, the idea of life and death. One moment you're here and the next minute you're a memory in the minds of your loved ones. I'd never imagined wanting to survive just for the sanity of another. Meeting Edward was a wonderful surprise. Falling in love with him came with huge consequences, but he was certainly worth it. Even if it was life or death or anything in between, I would always fight for him.

Edward had his eyes closed tight and I waited for him to release my arm once the burning subsided but he never did. Panic quickly set in and I felt myself lose strength. "Edward, that's enough," Carlisle said. "Her blood is clean now. Stop or she'll die," Carlisle said to Edward as he put a hand on his shoulder. I felt Edward release his bite. I looked into his eyes weakly. "You stopped," I commented. "Just get some rest," he said to me. I felt myself drifting away. The last thing I heard him say was "I love you more than my own existence."

*** Hello people. I know this wasn't long but I hoped you still like it!! I am working on the next chapter so be expecting that very soon. Well actually, If hurricane Irma knocks out all the power. I will post it asap. I hope you guys are safe as well. Anyway, I love you all. Remember to vote, comment, and stay lit <3- Tori***