2. The Dancing Queen

By the second week of school, Sara had finally gotten used to her classes. Most of them exercise classes and dance classes. The art of dancing was something that made Sara's heart swell with crazed passion. As the music blasted through the studio, the beautiful swan lake, she practiced her arabesque penchee nearly forty times, then she moved on to her Ron de Jambe nearly thirty times. The song was on repeat, creating a perfect session of nonstop pose practice, however the music stopped causing Sara to come out of her peaceful state.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I need the studio," an older woman said. Her voice echoed with confidence. Sara knew the woman, she was a professor, one of the best actually. Her name was Alice Kristof, but she went strictly by the name of madam. She was a strict foreign dancer who had put fear in her students to the point where they talked to her as if a queen.

"My apologies madam," Sara says with a slight head bow.

Calm your shit, she's just the best dancer this side of the country, who was once an Olympic figure skater and now taught ballet and has been on Broadway and traveled the world dancing, like you've always wanted to do.

Sara hurried to grab her things, she wipes the sweat from her forehead and hurries away from the intimidating teacher. Her heart pounds, Alice Kristof has been Sara's idol since she saw her ballet performance online freshman year of high school. The performance changed her life and had led her to get into shape and dance her heart out as much as she could.

Sara walked back to her dorm, autumn was becoming more and more beautiful by the minute as leaves began to fall, she smiles as the wind picks up a pile of leaves and nearly lifts her wrap skirt. Once at her dorm, she showers and dries her hair. She dresses in a short lavender ballet wrap skirt and trucked in a grey silk short-sleeved shirt. Her wardrobe basically consisted of t-shirts, jeans, tights and leggings and most of all ballet wrap skirts in a variety of colors. She topped the look off with a pair of black heels, then tied her hair in a messy bun.

Sara smiled to herself as she grabbed her student ID and keys and tossed them into a black clutch, then she grabbed her tickets for the show. Her heart pounded, excited to see her idol in action.

 ___________________________

"The press is gonna be all over this, are you sure you don't want a second chair?" Quinn asked Malcolm. Her fists leaning on his glass desk. He nods carefully, trying not to upset his boss.

"Don't worry, Paulie is taking care of the press, Kyle is double checking the witness statements and is going over the crime scene notes with Dane. I have several very intelligent paralegals and first years who are able to help with this. It'll be open and shut," he says with a smile.

"You sound like that redhead from law and order," Quinn says with an eye roll.

"Which one? SVU or the original, because the DA in SVU has red hair, I'm sure of it," he says with a playful smile, knowing his sarcastic words will annoy her.

Quinn gives him a look that screams, "Stop being a smartass and do your job" and with that look, the lawyer leaves the corner office.

Malcolm had this case figured out, his opening statement had been memorized for next week and his questions for the first three witnesses were solid.

Malcolm relaxed in his office chair, not a care in the world. After a minute of staring at the window if the corner office, he felt a sense of loneliness, the type that swallowed a person whole. He felt the air grown thin, he needed to relax more, be needed to have fun, he needed a drink.