19. The Distance

Malcolm was quick to sheild Sara from the eyes of his colleague.

Sara adjusted her bra as her face grew more red by the second. Malcolm got her shirt from the counter and hurriedly put it over her head.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Malcolm asks the man.

Dominic Verdez. Smirking widely, his eyes lingering over Sara from her messy hair to her lean legs. Licking his lips, he tried to draw himself back to reality.

"I had some things to run by you about the case and thought I'd make a house call. Charlotte said you were sick..."

Malcolm's jaw tightens as his chest begins to heave from the racing of his heart. He felt his anger boiling over just by the way Dominic looked at Sara.

"I'll be up stairs..." Sara mumbles before walking towards the foyer.

"No, please stay! Looking at you is a good stress reliever. Oh... and sweetheart..." Dominic reaches into his jacket and pulls out a white card. "When you decide to go with someone younger, someone capable of keeping up with you give me a call," he says handing her the card.

Sara takes the card and raises an eyebrow. "Even if I did want that," she begins tearing up the card. "I'd never call a boy to do a man's job."

The white pieces of paper were tossed in Dominic's face instantly. His body tense as the disrespect coursed through him.

Malcolm's grin could not be contained. He was smiling away not only proud but also relieved.

With the sway of her hips, Sara leaves the two men, walking up the stairs and straight to her room.

_____________________

Sara had made it through the day without going out of her mind. Her hormones running rampent with dire need to kiss and touch Malcolm.

Malcolm had made it through the day without constantly wanting to touch or kiss Sara, his mind focused on work. Instructing people from the office via phone, taking his medicine to counter his migraine.

Once the long day turned to night, Sara decided a shower and a good book is what she needed.

Her shower was long and hot, her body smooth as silk afterwards. Sara stepped out of the bathroom in her black cotton underwear set and a robe loosly hanging over her. She ran a hand through her brushed damp brown hair and calmly made her way across the room to her bed.

Her phone blinking repeated as it charged on her night stand. Letting out a sigh, she prayed it wasn't her parents.

Unknown number.

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she picked up the phone. She slowly answered pressing the phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

The phone was silent on the other end. The sound of breathing began causing a shiver to run through Sara's body.

The line went dead after Sara's second hello causing her to exhale slowly with fear.

Standing up from her bed, she began to pace. Fear clutching onto her for dear life. She begged the high power above to somehow help her and allow for this to be nothing. No more stalking, no more pain.

As tears filled her eyes, her phone blinked again but it wasn't a call. She looked at the message, trembling. A few tears fell over the screen as she read the message.