35. The Undecided

A/N:

Not edited at all. It was hard to write this chapter only because I have been so busy.

I'm going to try to write more of this and really just finish it but there is a lot to get through. Lots of stuff you guys are gonna hate me for... so enjoy it while the joy lasts.

Lots of love

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

- Annelie Leddy

***

Sara sits on the edge of the bed in her bedroom, shocked that she would be considering sleeping in here again.

After hearing Malcolm's terrifying voice, she felt fear of him. How easy was it for him to just snap like that? Would he ever snap at her like that?

Her mind drifs back to Malcolm's harshed tone conversations with her, when he had scared her on the street, when she disobeyed him. Those times were different. This time, his voice was so far gone, it was like he was a completely different man.

She tried not to feel the emotion of crying but the feeling was so strong. The emotion in her chest was so strong, wanting to rush out. Tears began to fall and she felt stupid for it causing her to cry even more.

"Baby," Malcolm's voice gave way through the door. He gives a soft knock before opening, always a gentlemen.

"Baby," he sighs once his eyes fall upon her fear filled eyes.

"Are you in pain? We should go to the hospital, make sure everythings okay," he says as he kneels in front of her.

She shakes her head and sniffles.

"No, nothing hurts. I'm fine."

His hands are cold as he cups her face, he wipes away the tears on her face with his thumb.

"Whats wrong? Is it the hormones? Did I do something wrong?"

A faint giggle comes out of Sara when he mentions her horomones. The giggle is just a faint memory however as her lips pout, not wanting to tell him.

"Come on, baby, tell me. Daddy will make it all better, I promise," he says.

She sniffles again, averting his gaze.

"Do you get angry like that a lot? I've seen you angry but never like that. You... you scared me," she admits. She feels a wave of insecurity, telling herself she is stupid for admiting it.

Malcolm sighs. He stand up, withdrawing his hands from her face. He sits on the edg of the bed beside ber. His arm wraps around her, pulling her close to him. She hesitates to comply but once settled in his arms she freels a wave of relief.

"I've always had anger issues. I've never let it come out like that. What I said to Danica, what I did, it was a poor way to handle the situation. I was just so... so fucking scared for you. When she pushed you, I thought about the baby, the pain she may have caused you. I lost it. I've never hurt a woman and although I just pulled her hair, it was wrong of me. I just didn't want her to hurt you," he explains.

Sara leans her head on his shoulder, inhaling his scent of woodsy alcohol, a hint if cedar.

"I guess its the hormones. So many thoughts went through my head, I wasn't thinking clearly so I ran in here," she says.

"What were you thinking? Did you think I would treat you like that?" He asks.

Sara sighs and nods. "I know you wouldn't but at the time, I was just scared."