18. The Wait

Malcolm's pain pills had blessed him with the ability to shower and dress in low lighting. It took longer than expected for his pills to work however, causing him to not exit his room until the late afternoon.

Slightly dizzy with an empty stomach, not to mention dehydrated, Malcolm made his way down the stairs to the foyer.

Sara was invested in a spanish soap opera as she sat on the couch with Megan.

Malcolm walked into the living space wearing a pair of joggers which hung lowly on his hips. No shirt or shoes. His shaggy wed hair was brushed back. His look made Megan do a double take.

"Holy shit!" Megan whispers.

Slowlt striding closer to the couch, Malcolm's eyes focus on Sara. Her small frame was still in his large shirt which ended over her knees. He grinned knowing the shirt was a symbol. His ownership. His mark.

"Are you feeling okay?" Sara asks.

Smirking, Malcolm nods and reached down, grasping Sara's legs and pulling her into his arms swiftly. He turns around and falls back on the couch with Sara in his lap.

"Now I am," he sighs.

Sara felt odd, not about sitting on Malcolms lap but about sitting on his lap while menstrating. Sure she had a tampon and a thin panty liner for added protection but the idea still made her uncomfortable.

Slowly she rises from his lap, pulling away from him causing Malcolm to groan.

"Are you hungry?" Sara asks making her way around the living room towards the kitchen space.

"Starving," Malcolm says as he stands and follows her.

As she begins to gather him a plate of pizza she feels his hands grip her hips tightly. Bending down slowly to her ear, his breath fanning her neck, he decides to tempt her.

"Not for food, baby," he whispers.

She feels the shiver of lust run through her body causing her to close her eyes and roughly bite her lip. Silently praying for her period to be short.

"You know, Mr. Linden, I'm from Texas and we got a very interesting saying there..." Megan says interupting them.

Malcolm raises an eyebrow as he turns to look at Megan.

"Tempting your woman with sex while she is on her period is like telling your family you're now a Commanders fan, you won't be welcolmed home," she says with a chuckle.

Malcolm laughs loudly... that is until he realizes the significance.

He shifts his gaze to Sara with wide eyes.

"You have got to be kidding me," he says lowly and pleadingly.

He lowering his head to rest on her shoulder in defeat.

"No," he whines. "Please tell me its not true."

"It's not like I can magically conjure it up," Sara says with a sigh.

"How long is it?"

Sara sighs again and shrugs. "The norm is a week. I am not normal though so it can be longer or really short," she admits.

Malcolm whines a few curses in between kises on her shoulder.

"Soon," he declares in a whisper.

She shakes her head while giggling.

Malcolm gladly took his plate of pizza and wondered back to the living room. Sara meanwhile was in the kitchen still pondering.

She felt sick to her stomach. It was so odd how Malcolm had fallen into someone who was lovey dovey and carefree. She felt odd about how he was okay with his feelings toward her and her to him. Had their past fights, their troublesome situation not been on his mind? It was definitely on hers.