8. The Problem

Sara had finished practice, finally allowing herself to take a breather. Her body was aching and all she wanted to do was curl up in bed with chocolate and Netflix.

With earbuds in her ears, Sara walked through the beautiful courtyard, leaves fell from the trees and swiftly flew away with the breeze. As she approached the brick entryway she noticed a black Escalade parked on the side of the street in front. A man stood by the passenger door. He looked awfully familiar.
As she stepped past the large brick entryway of the university, onto the sidewalk, she realized she knew the man. She stopped in her tracks, shaking her head. She pulled the earbuds out of her ears and couldn't help but have a smile that was more toward her annoyance of the situation.

"So... where are you taking me? his office or straight home?"

Lucien smiles and turns to open the back door of the Escalade. He makes a motion for her to enter and she does so reluctantly. When Lucien enters the passenger seat, Sara looks at the terrifying man in the driver seat. Similar to Lucien, the man wears a black suit, he is tall and muscular. Not at all like Lucien however, the driver has ivory skin, dark shaggy hair and is unshaven. His chiseled features make him strangely attractive, as does his sly smirk that his lips form when he looks in the rearview mirror.

"Sara, this is Logan, he will be your personal guard for...well until Mr. Linden sees that you no longer need protection," Lucien explains.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you, Sara," Logan says turning to Sara, lending out a hand for her to shake. She shakes his hand and is mesmerized by his amber brown eyes.

"Hi," Sara says, swallowing hard.

"Logan here is going to drop me off at the office. Mr. Linden is in court today, so he will not see you until this evening. Speaking of which, Logan here is on strict orders to have you home, no later than eleven unless Mr. Linden gives the okay," Lucien further explains with his rough voice.

"I am not a child. For the love of god, Malcolm is not even my father, what makes either of you think that I need to be watched over like I am a child, and do not use that tattooed crazy man from yesterday as an excuse," Sara says sternly.

"Sara, Mr. Linden only wants for you to be safe, this stalker is only going to get worse and the fact that he has become violent means that his infatuation with you will only grow stronger. The authorities are trying their best to look for this man, but while they do their job, it is my job to make sure he does not make a surprise appearance. Just because you are an adult, doesn't mean that this man won't hesitate to hurt you," Logan says calmly and with care. His voice relaxes Sara and she gives a vague nod.

Logan shifts the car into drive and merges into traffic.

___________________________

Malcolm had finished one of his cases with a win, a sigh of relief was let out as he exited the courtroom. The day was drawing to a close and Malcolm could finally rest, however his stress level still high within. He needed to let loose, he needed a stiff drink. His mind was set once he exited the courthouse, pulling out his phone.

Danica answers with a sultry voice, knowing why Malcolm is calling.

"My house or yours?" She asks.

"Mine...however, you should know that a friend's daughter is staying with me but I'm pretty sure she'll be asleep or extremely busy when I get home," he says.

"A friend's daughter? How old is she?"

"She's like nineteen almost twenty, a college student. Something happened with her dorm so I'm letting her stay. Don't worry though, soundproof walls were a must when I was looking for my apartment," He says with a chuckle.