Chapter 1 : A fresh new start

A fresh new start....

Pulling on her two suitcases as she made her way downstairs, Valentine felt as if she was a celebrity as all eyes stared her down

Pulling on her two suitcases as she made her way downstairs, Valentine felt as if she was a celebrity as all eyes stared her down. Jealousy. There were plenty looks of jealousy, but this wasn't anything new for Valentine. She's been hated on by these girls since she had graduated from the junior foster home. They hated her for pretty face, good hair, slim but yet thick body and most in for most, her brains. They were all threatened by her and she didn't even raise a finger that was until, someone shaved the side of her head and she had to be restrained for two hours. Which only made them even more shook. Valentine never knew where her hands skills came from being that she never had a fight in her life until she had gotten to this miserable place. But the other foster girls weren't the only ones who were intimidated by little ole Valentine. The guardians were actually worst. They would make sure to shorten Valentine's checks so she wouldn't be able to buy herself anything, make sure she eats last and never took her side when a fight had started between her and another girl. So now that she was actually able to leave on her own, Valentine couldn't wipe off the gleeful smile she held upon her face. She couldn't wait to get a taste of freedom and shit on these miserable girls that's stuck here. Valentine even made sure to follow each and everyone of them on Instagram. They were going to watch her glow and happiness and she prays that it makes them sick to their stomachs. "Keep your batteries charged. Do that. I'm out bitches." Valentine giggled as she stood in the door way before leaving and slid on the black pair of shades she held on her face. Thankfully for her, but unfortunately for her grandmother that she's never was able to meet, has died of lung cancer and had written only Valentine's name down in her will. Leaving her three million dollars, a house she built in Miami and a car. She wanted to make sure Valentine was driving around in style. That was her way of asking Valentine for her forgiveness wherever she was at the moment. Valentine was the first grandchild, but having a daughter as wild as Valentine's mom. Valerie should've known better to think that her daughter was going to bring a baby home at fourteen years old. To Christine, she was still young and had a whole life ahead of her to take care of some needy baby. And Valerie couldn't do a thing about it but pray for Valentine and repay her this way. Having no knowledge of what actually happened the day she was left in the hospital, Valentine just took the will and went running. She didn't care to find her mother, her father or any of family that would be reachable. She just wanted to leave New York behind. Forever.

Having to make a pit stop at the office to retrieve the keys to the car and house her grandmother once owned, Valentine walked into the building with all smiles. This would be her last time in New York and she couldn't feel much happier than she ever felt. Going to close the elevator door, a lady screamed as she held her hand up for Valentine to hold it. And being in the mood she's in, Valentine kindly held the door opened for the lady. She seemed very wealthy as she was draped in her all black Christian Dior resort ladylike aesthetic 2017 set that matched her black pumps and Saint Laurent shades as well. She had the whole Toni Braxton hair cut and nude make up look going on which made Valentine mentally smile. She loved her some Toni Braxton, her music kept Valentine sane. "Thank you, thank you so much." The lady smiled before walking onto the elevator and Valentine stepped aside giving the lady her space. The elevator doors finally closed and they rode up to the fifth floor, like Valentine was requested to do. They both walked off of the elevator and requested to speak to Mrs. Harris before taking a seat in the waiting area. Waiting no longer than five minutes, here came Mrs. Harris with a folder in her hand. "Wow! Both of you girls are here, great!" She smiled making both Valentine and the lady frown. "Come on to the back with me." She smiled. Doing as told, they followed her to her office as their minds began to run with questions. Valentine's palms began to grow sweaty and her heart rate began to beat rapidly. Looking over at the lady, they gave each other the same forced smile before facing forward and frowning. "Take a seat, take a seat." Mrs. Harris pointed as she closed her office door. She didn't know the relationship between the two, but she did know they were both here for Valerie Morrison's will. The girls took a seat before glancing over at each other again, but said nothing. Mrs. Harris took a seat in front of the girls as she began to scan through the folder and grab all three keys for Valentine. "Valentine these are for you honey." Mrs. Harris smiled just as the lady's smile dropped. "Valentine?! What are you even doing here?!" She asked sounding shocked as hell. This was most definitely the last person she planned to ever see again in life. "Do I know you?" Valentine frowned not liking the way this random lady spoke of her name. "You would've. But Mrs. Harris I can't let you give away my mother things to this stranger! She's never even met my mother in life!! How are you going to come and collect things as if they belong to you!" The lady spat as her nose began to flare just like Valentine's do when she's upset. Staring at the angry woman, Valentine covered her mouth before tears began to roll down her eyes. "Mommy?" She said in so much of a whisper. She couldn't believe it ! Her mother, her flesh and blood, her family was sitting right in front of her and she haven't even noticed ! Taken offense to that name, Christine jerked her head back as she held a sour expression on her face. "Aren't you adopted by now? I'm no one's mother!" She spat before Valentine started to cry some more. "Are you kidding me? This have to be some practical joke right?" Valentine cried as she turned looking Mrs. Harris way. But she was just as clueless. "What?! No! And you're not taking my mother things! So you could go back to wherever you came from!" Christine yelled making Valentine frown and shake her head. She even had to laugh at that stupid remark. "Bitch, I came from you. You're the one who brought me into this cold ass world. I bet your ass don't even know my fucking father!" Valentine spat back hoping she hit a soft spot on Christine. And for the first time in her life, her wish was easily granted. Christine gasped before covering her mouth and started to cry her eyes out. Valentine's father was actually the reason Christine had given up Valentine. The day Christine turned six months was the day the love of her life was shot and killed. And just like that her happiness was taken away from her. "Can I get my stuff?" Valentine asked so over this conversation. Now she truly believed that her mother didn't want to do anything with her. And now that she was older, she was perfectly fine with that. "Sure. Just sign these." Mrs. Harris said as Christine continued to cry her eyes out. Valentine quickly signed the three papers before getting the keys and getting the hell away from Christine. Now she was officially done with New York.