Chapter 18 : Back To The Old Me

Back to the old me...

Humming along with Kehlani as she sprayed around the living room and opened up some windows, Valentine didn't need for Marcus to know that she was smoking. She hated when he asked why ? Like why else ? These phony ass bitches were still planning on to rob and maybe kill her. Why wouldn't she need a blunt or two ? But this is why she's been distancing herself, not only from Chachi and her friends, but from Marcus as well. There was one person she did keep in contact with though. Christine. She had no one else to turn to and since her mother wouldn't stop calling, Valentine gave in and let her know what was going on. From the time she met them until the big argument they had back at Chachi's house. So Christine had came up with a plan, though she just wanted to fly Valentine back into New York. Christine knew that her stubborn mini me wasn't about to give in that easy, so she just decided to help her out and hopefully, her daughter comes out alive and untouched. Hearing the doorbell ring, Valentine placed down the air freshener and headed over to the door while Benji and Chanel crossed her feet. Checking the peephole, she seen that it was Marcus standing there. So she stepped back and opened up the door. "Hey Marcus." Valentine smiled. She didn't mean to sound so gleeful, but she couldn't help it ! She missed him. "Sup." He grumbled making Valentine laugh and fan him off. Valentine expected a attitude from Marcus being that he always get upset when she distance herself, but not as bad as he was giving her. "I missed you too, come in." She said stepping aside, but he still managed to brush pass her and pick up Chanel. Benji was more of a Syncere fan. Closing then locking the door, Valentine followed after Marcus as he walked straight into the living room and plopped down in his favorite spot. "Fix your face Marcus." Valentine teased making him roll his eyes and sip on his Mango and peach White Castle smoothie. "Can I have some?" She asked wanting to be a bother seeing that Marcus's attitude wasn't changing. "No. Where you been? Why you always do that shit to me? Why don't you believe that I'm on your fucking side?! Huh?!" He snapped and Valentine laughed as he grabbed her up by her little tank top. "Stop you're going to wrinkle my shirt." She said making Marcus suck his teeth and pull on tighter. "That's all you could say? Answer me my nigga." He damn near growled making Valentine smile and wrap her arms around his neck then took a seat in his lap. "I missed you too, but you know me Marky..... I need time to think and thinking requires space. Not from you, but from everybody. Don't take that shit personal because if I could have you around everyday. I would. So stop being mad at me." Valentine cooed but all Marcus do was make a face as if he didn't believe her. "Fine... Be that way, I have a date tonight anyways. I just wanted to see if you were okay. That's all." Valentine said unwrapping her arms and moving back. She sat on the couch as Marcus smirked and looked her way. "Yeah whatever, who wants your mean ass?" He asked making Valentine laugh and flip her neatly did box braids. Going back to black was like a big verification that she was back to herself. No more letting bitches slide, say anything or do anything they want to her. Valentine was back to her old self. The Valentine from New York who had grown up cold hearted and lonely. The only person she could trust was herself. "You. You're taking me on a date tonight and I have a plan for that. Are you down?" She smirked making Marcus look at her and raise his brow. "Talk to me." He said making Valentine smile and flip her braids again. She was actually trying to get him to comment on her braids being that he loved when her hair was jet black. That red and blonde did something for him, but not as much as the black hair. "Okay so you're taking me out and I'm going to post a picture so I could easily get Chachi's attention and then I play victim and boom! She's back to thinking we're cool, but she has a whole other thing coming to her." Valentine smiled making Marcus smile and nod his head. "Come here you criminal." He said reaching over and pulling Valentine back into his lap. "I knew you missed me!" She squealed hugging him tightly while he slid his hands down to Valentine's shorts. "I did and that's why I was ready to kick your ass, I wish you would just listen to me when I say I got you, I got us." He spoke near her ear sending chills down Valentine's back. "I do, but you wouldn't get it. But if anything, just know its never you unless.... You do something stupid like your ass always do and then that's when you should worry. Okay? Cool." Valentine said making Marcus chuckle and playfully roll his eyes. "Yeah okay, your ass better stop shutting niggas out or its going to be a problem and don't act like I don't know you was smoking either, I smell that shit all up in through here." Marcus frowned making Valentine giggle and lay her head on his chest. "Nobody wasn't hiding it Marcus and don't start, I miss you." Valentine hummed while closing her eyes. Not only did she miss laying on him, but she was high as hell. Before she even had texted him, Valentine was smoking her brain cells away. "I missed you too, give me a kiss." He said making Valentine's eyes pop back open real quick. "For real?" She asked making him nod his head.