Chapter 4 : The Get Back

The Get Back....

"Girl

"Girl.... If you don't get out that mirror," Sydney paused as she watched Valentine comb her fingers through her now red and curly hair. "I'm going to leave you and make sure Marcus leaves you too." She teased making Valentine laugh and look her way. It was now a month later and Valentine stuck to her promise. Keeping her distance. Minus from Marcus, he made it his business everyday to stop by her house. Especially when he didn't have any football practice, he would stop by. "Now why would you do that?" Valentine asked as she coated her lips in some lip gloss. The only reason she started to hang out with Sydney as well because they had bumped into each other at the mall and from then on, they were cool. No judgment, no bitterness, just friends. Sydney even taught Valentine how to put on her own make up. She wasn't the best yet, but she never went outside looking crazy either. "Umm maybe because you won't move from the mirror!! I get it! You're cute! Marcus will think the same!" Sydney teased making Valentine suck her teeth. She wasn't checking for Marcus. He felt more like a close friend or older brother to her. So she didn't look at him in that way. "Now we're smacking our lips, hm." Sydney teased and the two shared a laugh. "I really dislike you, but let's go get this boy." Valentine said grabbing up her black bag that held her necessities. Heading out the door, Valentine sure to lock up before making their way over to Marcus house. "Hey baby!" Ms. Mary smiled as she was on her way out the door. She was doing a double shift at the hospital. "Hey Ms. Mary, how you doing?" Valentine asked with a smile. Being that Marcus and Valentine had became so close, she also had grown a bond between Ms. Mary and Mr. Hendrix, Marcus's step father. "I'm good baby, how you doing?" She asked before waving over at Sydney. After hearing what went on between Chachi and the girls, Ms. Mary was never a fan of any of Valentine's friends. Well associates, that's what she chose to call them. "I'm fine. You heading to work?" Valentine asked making Ms. Mary nod her head in response. "You and that boy better behave yourselves and get home safely." Ms. Mary said grabbing her jacket. "We will and you do the same Ms. Mary, goodnight." Valentine said. Ms. Mary winked before leaving out of her house. Walking deeper into Marcus house, you could already smell his cologne as it lingered through the house. "So you're not about to rush bae?" Sydney teased in a whisper making Valentine laugh and take a seat on the couch. Following after her, Sydney took a seat before pulling out her phone. Hearing laughter as it grew louder and louder, both Valentine and Sydney looked in the direction of the staircase. And here came Marcus with his best friend, Geo. "Oh shit! Ya scared me. Where did my moms go?" Geo asked as he placed his hand over his chest. Marcus smiled before shaking his head. Geo was straight bullshitting. He was just upstairs saying how cute Ms. Mary looked to him and how he's going to marry her. But now, that's his mom. "Out. Ya ready?" Valentine asked while Sydney stared at them with a bored look. "Yeah come on." Marcus said tossing up his keys before catching them. The girls stood up and headed out the door with the boys right behind them. "Whose car are we riding in?" Sydney asked. They had four choices. "We could ride in my car being that I could drive you home." Geo said as Sydney started to smile and nod her head. This what the date was all about anyways. These two having a interest in each other, but neither wanted to be alone. So they dragged Marcus and Valentine along.