Chapter 17 : Switching Sides

Switching Sides

Meeting up with Lala, Valentine gave her a slight head nod

Meeting up with Lala, Valentine gave her a slight head nod. Now that she officially knew that they were all out to get her, she didn't feel the need to make any conversation. "Ew! What got your panties in a bunch? Oh that's right. Why are you trying to fuck with Marcus? Aren't you the one who put them on?" Lala asked with a smirk on her face as she coated her lips in some lip gloss. Valentine started laughing as she shook her head. "Fuck with who? Its always something new with you. I low key think that you're in love with Chachi and that's why you seem to kiss her ass so much." Valentine spoke as if she knew nothing about what went on last night. Lala jerked her head back as she scrunched up her face. "So you mean to tell me that you don't know about Syncere running his mouth like a bitch? That's some funny shit I'll tell you that though. You ready?" Lala asked as she held the same smirk on her face. "Ran his mouth about what? And what's the joke?" Valentine asked still playing clueless. Lala started laughing before taking a seat in Valentine's car. So Valentine followed after her and looked Lala's way. "I'm serious. Did I miss something last night?" She asked with a raised brow as she slid on her seatbelt. Lala closed her lipgloss before rubbing her lips together. She even pulled the mirror to make sure her lips were nice before looking Valentine's way. "Girl, I'm about to give you the 411. Okay? Usually I wouldn't tell you shit because I still kinda don't fuck with you but this is something you need to hear." Lala said making Valentine roll her eyes but still sat and waited to hear what was said behind her back. Minus her "fucking her way out of New York" bullshit. "Girl so you went running your mouth to Syncere about liking someone who's already in a relationship and I guess he figured that you were talking about Chachi's boo, Marcus so Chachi isn't really fucking with you. And have you seen any of her post? Well they're all about you boo." Lala said with a shrug. Valentine started laughing and shook her head. "Well I'm out after this anyways. She's been on some funny shit, so I really don't care." Valentine shrugged making Lala nod her head. "Yeah well, do what you have to do cause her number one rule is never get on her bad side and that's all I'm going to say." Lala shrugged. Valentine nodded her head before pulling out of parking and headed over to the downtown mall. That's where all of the high priced name brand stores are located. From Gucci to Rick Owens. Its all there. "You think she's going to try and retaliate on my ass or something?" Valentine asked as they pulled into the parking lot. Lala hummed before lowering her shades. "Don't expect nothing from that girl. You think my cousin and I are petty? You haven't seen shit with that girl." Lala said before getting out of the car. Valentine laughed some more before doing the same and locking up her car. Little did Lala and Chachi know, Valentine was ten steps ahead of them. And she even had a trick for Syncere just because he showed whose side he's been on all this time. It was game time. Lowering her shades on her face as well, Valentine went walking side by side with Lala. Going in and out of every store, Valentine expected to be paid by the end of the night. "Aye sweetness." Someone called after her. Looking back, Lala held a big smile on her face. The boy that was calling them over looked as if Trey Songz had went and had a son that no one knew about. "Yes sweetness?" She blushed but he frowned seeing that he had gotten the wrong girl's attention. "Not you blackie." He scoffed making his friends laugh at her. But this wasn't no laughing matter. Valentine stopped in her tracks before counting to ten. She turned around before facing the guy. "What did you just call her?" She spoke through gritted teeth. She never understood why black people would go by colorism after all what their ancestors had to go through, from slavery to the shit that's going on today. That shit never made any sense to her and it always seemed to tick her off when people did it. Especially around her or with the people she was with. "Nah I wasn't trying to talk her black ass and she was real hype to turn around like ew bye bitch." He bragged expecting to get a laugh out of Valentine. But all she do was toss her bags to the floor and attack him. Like she went crazy the way she pulled at his hair and actually fought him as if he was a girl. Kicking him in the face, Valentine dug in her fanny pack before pulling out mace and went crazy macing him and his friends. "How about that?! I dare you to say that shit again!!! Let me hear you say that shit again!!" She yelled until the mace can got empty on her. "You fucking lucky you dick!! Its not like you're light your fucking self!! You're black!! So calling someone else out over their skin tone doesn't make you any better!! Just makes you a dumb dick head!! You nigger kid!!" She spat before stomping her way back over to Lala and snatched the bags up. "Let's go before we get arrested!" Valentine shouted as she headed over to her car. That shit always made her sick to her stomach. Like how does being light skin make you better ?! Its just skin ! Skin that could get easily burned and torn away. Huffing out loud, Valentine started to count to ten again before pulling out of parking.