Chapter 7 : All in the family

All in the family....

Opening up the door to a bunch of jolly faces, Valentine slightly raised a brow

Opening up the door to a bunch of jolly faces, Valentine slightly raised a brow. "Hi. How may I help you?" She asked with the same confused face. There stood two older ladies with their children, but the kids weren't so young. They actually looked around to be Valentine's age. "Yes you can. We're your family, you are Valerie's granddaughter right?" The lady in front asked with a big smile on her face. Seeing these people made Valentine think back to the numbers her grandmother had left on the letter. "Auntie Donna?" She asked not feeling so sure. "Yes, yes that's me sweetie. Nice to meet you." Auntie Donna smiled and all Valentine could see was her mother all in Donna's face. "Awe guys come in." Valentine cooed before stepping aside and opening the door wider for them. She was mentally shouting how grateful she was that she had actually cleaned the house last night. Receiving thank you as everyone passed by, Valentine closed then locked the door. "Wow I can't believe you're actually here, but my sister did say she was going to find you... Even if she was on her last breath." Auntie Donna softly sighed before taking a seat on the couch. Valentine gave her a small smile before looking over at the other staring faces. "You guys could have seats as well. Would you like anything to drink?" Valentine asked and Auntie Minnie quickly declined. Just like Christine, she wasn't so fond of Valentine owning this house that her sister built. She actually didn't even want to show up, but this was the last promise she gave to her sister. To care and look after her grandchild. "No we're fine. We just want to get to know you. So how was the New York life? You do know your cousin Charisma wants to go there for New York." Auntie Donna smiled pointing at the girl as she carelessly scrolled through her phone. "Are you thinking about going to school?" Auntie Minnie asked with a smile on her face. From the moment Valentine had opened up the door, Auntie Minnie seen her niece Christine all up in her daughter. Trouble. "I'm not sure." Valentine said with a slight shrug. Growing up she was never asked what did she want to be later on in life. It was just go to school, come home from school, do homework, eat and go to the bed. That's all. So as soon as Valentine graduated, she felt as if she was done with school. "And why not?" Auntie Minnie asked she held the same smirk on her face. "I don't really have a interest in anything." Valentine shrugged but she was serious. Everyone in the room gave her a 'are you serious' look, but Valentine didn't care. Those looks were always thrown her way. "And why is that honey?" Auntie Donna asked with disappointment in her voice. Failure was never accepted in the Morrison's and that's why Christine was sent away in the first place. So hearing Valentine talk about not caring for school, it was like history repeating itself to Donna and her sister Minnie. "Its just the way I was raised." She shrugged again and no one could blame her for that. Its not like they even tried helping Valerie look for her grandchild anyways. She was put in the system and that was that. "So how do you plan living here after my sister money is all gone?" Auntie Minnie asked as she folded her arms and gave Valentine a slight disgusted look. She wasn't trying to hear that 'that's how I was raised' bullshit, there's so many successful foster children out here. "Well a job." Valentine said in a duh tone. She was slowly growing tired of Auntie Minnie's shit, she reminded her so much of that stuck up ass mother of hers.