Run 15

Shaun's P.O.V
💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠

I flipped over in my bed and finally just pushed myself up into a seating position. I groaned and ran a hand through my unkempt, red curls. I've been tossing and turning for hours, and I'm hot, and uncomfortable, and I just can't sleep.

I jumped when I heard a cough. It's Gracie, in the guest bedroom. I think she's sick, from standing out in the rain, and not having a working heater in her car. (Delilah is fully functional beyond that, apparently)

I rubbed my tired eyes and glanced at the clock. It's 1:23 a.m.. Fuck this, I'm getting her another blanket. She's probably freezing, and maybe I'll grab her some Advil, too? And cough drops, right? That's what you get someone when they're sick?

I've got no clue. I'm the youngest kid in my family, I never had to take care of Jesse or Kari, not the way mom or dad did.

I stand up and stretch my back a bit, before going out into the dark hallway and rummaging around in the hall closet for my favorite, dark blue knitted blanket. Grabbing it, I head to the kitchen for some water, and then to the bathroom for cough drops and Advil.

Cautiously, I open the guest room door. Gracie's there, nearly falling off the edge, and all curled up in a ball. I slowly enter the room, and sit at the edge of the bed. An inch more and her stomach would be pressed against my side.

I reach out a hand, and before I can stop myself, I stroke her hair back from her face. Gracie shifts under my touch, shifting closer to my body until her side is wrapped around the side of my body.

She's cold. Except her forehead is warm. Does that mean she has a fever?
Oh god. I'm the worst at this.

I should probably move her into a position where she won't fall onto her face. Yeah, that's probably a good idea.

Standing up, I gently roll Gracie onto her back, and hook my arms under her legs and behind her back.

"Shaun?" Gracie mumbles, half asleep.

"Shh, GW, I'm just moving you to where you won't fall off the bed."

Gracie nods as I set her down again, covering her with the blankets. "Shaun?" Gracie asks, this time a little more asleep.

"Yeah?" I kneel down next to the bed and lean towards her.

I'm shocked by the feeling of her hand slipping perfectly in mine, and I lose my words a bit.

"Do you think you could move yourself into bed next to me?"

I stop, my hand stilling in hers.

Gracie tugs on my hand impatiently. "Shaun."

"Yeah. Of course."

I pull back the quilt and slide in next to her, keeping to one side of the bed.

Gracie scoots closer to me, snuggling up against my side and laying her head in my chest.

I can't help myself.

I twist on my side, pulling Gracie with me, and tugging her into my body. Gracie lets out a small sigh and nudges her head in the crook of my neck, me laying my head on top of hers and breathing in the lavender scent of her hair.

My arms are wrapped around her toned body, and my hands are rubbing up and down her back gently.

Gracie suddenly started coughing harshly.

"Shh, Gracie," I whisper, rubbing her back and kissing her temple lightly.

"It's ok." I mutter, soothing her.

"I'm here. I'm here." My eyes slowly close. "I'm right here for you, Gracie."

💠❄️💠❄️💠❄️💠❄️💠❄️💠❄️💠

Gracie's P.O.V.

"Erghh." I groaned, feeling not unlike shit. I have a stuffy nose, and a sore throat, and a stupid, stupid cough. Argh.

On the plus side, I did have Shaun wrapped around me, his red waves tickling my nose because the goofball had his head nestled in the crook of my shoulder.

Wait. Back up. What?

"Shaun?" I mumble.

He groans. I twist around in his arms, and face him.

I keep forgetting Shaun is hot.

He's definitely still asleep, which is adorable because then I can just study him without feeling like a creeper.

His red, curly locks are messy and he's got even more freckles than I thought. His face is thin and angular, but it suits him. He may not be every girls dream, but he's totally mine.

'And Giggle's.' Inner Gracie reminds me.

Fuck. I keep forgetting about her. But she'll have to wait because man, my throat is killing me and I have to cough but I don't want to wake Shaun up. I like having him hold me close.

The dude's also like a living furnace.

Except I'm pretty sure I've got a fever, so maybe I shouldn't get to close to him.

Finally, I couldn't hold it in any longer, and I began to cough.

"Mm, Gracie, just breathe." Shaun mumbled, still half asleep. He shifted and started rubbing my back. Did he do this the whole night?

If he did, that's really sweet. Kinda weird, but really adorable.

I keep coughing, which starts to hurt, and Shaun wakes up more, sitting up and pulling me with him.

"Gracie, you have to breathe," Shaun says, rubbing my back gently, his thumb brushing over a small scar.

"Trying to." I mutter, and finally, the coughing stops, except now my throat is killing me. I sigh, and lean back against Shaun's toned chest.

I glance back at him, trying to put my hair in a sort of hairstyle. "Um, do you mind if I get up? I kinda have to go pee."

Shaun blinks, and untangles his arms from me. Oh god, he's only wearing a pair of low-slung grey sweatpants. And he has abs. So help me lord...

"I'll go make some breakfast, I guess." Shaun said, handing me a bottle of Advil. "You might want to take one of these."

I took the pills from him, his calloused fingers brushing mine.

"Shaun, " I said, heading towards the bathroom when he was out in the hall. "I don't know what I would do without you."

⚪️🌀⚪️🌀⚪️🌀⚪️🌀⚪️🌀⚪️🌀⚪️

Ooh! Sorry it took a bit longer than I expected, school and snowboarding has been crazy!

Thanks so much!!!!
(And once again, the Snowboarder Oneshot book is up, and I am taking requests!💜)

Wishing you all gnarly and safe riding:
KP