Chapter 17- Connor's POV

Brad drags me through the door by the hand. "Shhh!" he giggles. "We'll wake my neighbours up!"

"Won't they be asleep?" I ask. He's right though, we should keep the noise down. We went to a bar after the show, and now Brad is more than a bit tipsy, though I'm ok. I don't tend to drink much, I lack control over my emotions enough as it is. 

Brad is giggling incessantly as he takes his jacket off. "It's fine, they won't mind." I love the sound of his laugh, it's one of my favourite things in the world. It is quite loud though, and even though he says his neighbours won't mind, I'm not so sure.

I haven't been here for so long- we've always been at my house since we got back together, but everything feels familiar. "It's late." I say. "We need sleep. You're going to have a horrible headache tomorrow." 

"Nooo." Brad protests."I'll be fine. You're not fun Con."

I roll my eyes. "Ok then. I'll take your word for it." I remember this from before- I have so many memories of cuddling him when he was hungover and brushing his hair out of his face when he was being sick. Somehow, I think I'll be doing that tomorrow, but I don't really mind- I love taking care of him. I send him off to the bathroom so he can get changed, the sooner he gets to bed the better. 

However, not much seems to be happening apart from a lot of giggling. I raise an eyebrow when Brad comes out of the bathroom announcing "I've brushed my teeth!"

"Good for you." I respond, trying hard not to laugh. "You really, really need to go to bed." Brad pouts, but heads off to his room anyway with me following him. He gets his jeans off himself, but he's so close to falling asleep that I have no choice but to take his shirt off for him. 

Soon enough, we're cuddled up together in his bed. My head is resting on his chest, and I feel happy- this is how things used to and should be. I yawn sleepily and he laughs. "You kept saying I needed to go to bed, but you're tired too."

I smile. "Yes, but I fully accept I'm tired. You would be happy to stay up all night laughing if I would let you, but I won't because I'm responsible." 

Brad huffs. "You're no fun, Connor Ball."

I smirk. "I'd rather be boring than as drunk as you are. You're going to have a very sore head tomorrow."

"You'll look after me. You love me." Brad sends his big brown eyes my way, and he knows it'll win me over as I can almost never say no to him.

"Maybe. I'm not sure though, you'll have to really nice to me." I say teasingly.

Brad tries to kiss my cheek, but misses and gets my eye instead. "Oops." he giggles. "Love you Con."

I smile knowingly- he's going to have such a bad headache tomorrow morning. "I love you too. Night Brad." Brad doesn't reply, but he gives another small laugh so I know he heard. He falls asleep fairly quickly, but the same can't be said of me. I'm still getting used to this new level of our relationship. Brad is clearly exhausted, but that's understandable as he gave an amazing performance earlier. He's so good at what he does, and I love watching him- it makes him so happy that his face literally lights up, and it makes me crack a bigger smile that I ever knew was possible.

I can't move too much, as I'm wrapped in his arms and I don't want to disturb him, but I try to look around his room as it's been so long since I was here. Some things have changed- he used to have a pinboard filled with nothing but pictures of the two of us, but I guess he took it down when we broke up. Even though we're back together now, he's been at mine so much that he probably just hasn't had the chance to put it back up.

On the pile of clothes, there's a jumper that I know to be mine- I wondered where that went, it never occurred to me until recently that maybe Brad found comfort from wearing my clothes. There's other traces of me as well- on the walls, there's a few posters I gave him once, but there's also a pile of books that I tried to make him read. They look almost pristine, so maybe he just hasn't had the chance to get round to reading them, or maybe the fact that they came from me made it too painful. However, now I can back to nagging him to read more.

I feel a wave of tiredness sweep through me as I let out another yawn- I need to stop gazing and actually get some sleep. Given that I'll be looking after a hungover clingy Brad tomorrow, I could do with the rest. Smiling to myself, I snuggle closer to him and bury my head into his chest. I can hear his heartbeat, and the gentle sound of it is very soothing. I always got lulled to sleep by the soft rhythm of his chest rising and falling as he breathed, and tonight is no exception. Before I know it, I'm drifting off with a big smile on my face.

------

I wrote this in like 30 minutes, so sorry if it's bad. I liked it though 😉 Please vote and comment if you did too!

I've decided that I'm doing another tradley book after this, and then after that I might start a oneshor book as I'm out of ideas 😂 Though I said that whilst writing my other bronnor story literally a year ago (!), so who knows.