Chapter 19- Brad's POV

Now that I've recovered from my embarrassing hangover, I'm almost my old self again. I feel human again, as previously I'd been ill and tired. But it wasn't so bad, as I had Connor to look after me. He took care of me for the whole day, and that made the discomfort and pain much more bearable. Right now, we're walking nowhere in particular, but I was desperate for fresh air.

Connor tugs on my hand. "Look at that dog!" he squeals, pointing.

I laugh. "You're like a toddler sometimes, you know that?"

Connor pouts. "But that was such a cute dog."

"It was." I agree. "But not as cute as you." Connor rolls his eyes, but he smiles when I lean in to peck his lips. I used to be much more shy about kissing him in public, but now I've just stopped caring. I do often see people smile at us, I guess they must think we're cute together. 

Connor giggles as I pull away. "I thought you didn't like PDA."

"I like it with you." I tell him. "But I missed your kisses. I couldn't really have them when I was ill."

Connor smiles smugly. "You weren't ill, you were hungover. There's a difference." I pretend to swat him, but then take his hand in mine again. I love holding his hand- it's so personal, and I love the feeling of his adorably small hand in mine. As we walk, he asks me "How's the book going?"

I blush. "I'm, uh, still reading it. But I'm getting there, honest."

He laughs. "I finished the one you picked for me in like a week."

"You're good at reading though." I point out. "That's your thing." We continue talking about the weirdest things, but it doesn't feel awkward or forced. I'm so relaxed and comfortable around Connor, I can be my true self. These are the best times, and the times I feel the happiest. I wish my life could be like this all the time, but sadly the real world doesn't allow that. 

After a while, we decide to head back to Connor's. "I can't be bothered to cook." he says. "I am a fail as an adult."

I laugh. "Me too. But never mind, at least we're good people. That's what's important."

"That's deep." he comments. "Since when are you into philosophy?"

"I'm not." I say. "I'm just trying to convince myself that I can be a proper adult, and I figured that thoughtful statements were a good way to express that."

Connor laughs, and I smile at the sound of it. "And you think I'm a weirdo." 

"You are a weirdo." I say. "But you're my weirdo, so it's ok."

We head back to Connor's place, and I'm reminded of the time I made this journey in the dark because I needed somewhere to stay. Things have been a bit up and down since then, but I'm so glad I came back- we're on a high point right now. Soon enough, we're sitting on Connor's sofa together. "Wow." I say. "I'm so tired."

Connor rolls his eyes. "We were out for like an hour, what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing." I say, pretending to be upset. "You're so mean Con."

"Yeah, ok." comes Connor's voice from the kitchen, where he's gone to make a drink. He quickly returns with two mugs of coffee, and we sit quietly drinking them.

I put my mug down. "Con?"

"Yeah?" he replies.

I smile at him. "I love you so much, you know that?"

He gives me a smile back. "I love you too." I lean in, and thankfully he gets the hint and goes the rest of the way. I'll never get tired of the feeling of his soft lips pressed against mine, even if I were to kiss him all the time.  I run a hand through his hair, but then things get a bit more heated- I bite his bottom lip gently, and he responds by opening his mouth. I slip my tongue in, the feel myself smile at the feeling.

It's been so long since I've kissed him like this, and I find myself falling more and more in love with him every time- he makes me so happy. We break apart, slightly breathless but with a feeling of euphoria. I smirk. "I love you."

"I know." he replies. "You just told me." I don't need to tell him really- he knows how much I  adore him, and I know that he feels the same way. I just like to remind him sometimes. We spend the rest of the evening chilling- watching some terrible movie that is made much funnier by out snarky commentary, flicking popcorn at each other and just hanging out. 

"So much for being proper adults." Connor says, referring to the mess.

"Oh well." I say. "We can sort that. But not now."  Usually I hate clearing up, but but even the most dull of tasks is bearable if if I have Connor with me. He brightens me life so much, I genuinely don't know what I'd do without him. The more I look at him, the more I love him, and I'm constantly asking myself how I could have ever left.

------

I feel like this was a bit rubbish, but cute. Let me know if you enjoyed it though!

My next story is either going to be tradley (where Brad plays piano at a bar and Tristan goes to said bar to get away from life) or trames (where James is an American exchange type person). What should I do first, I'm leaning towards tradley 🤔