Chapter 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not own the characters of TV show teen wolf such as Scott, Derek, Allison, Stiles, and so on. I do not own the show teen wolf. I do not own the ideas of the TV show Teen Wolf. (Though I wish I could be such an amazing writer as the writer of Teen Wolf!!!) I do own my characters such as Emily and her friend Stephanie, and Sean because I created them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20

--Derek's POV:

A small ding came from when I opened the metal door that welcomed me into the veterinary clinic. I had to tell my self to physically relax. My muscles were tense and my guard was up but I didn't want to scare off this man before I even talked to him. I needed answers to a lot of questions and I was almost to the point of desperation.

As if on cue, a man walked out from the back but didn't look up. He looked a lot older and was dressed in jeans and scrubs. The swinging door creaked back and forth as he passed through it. He was so focused on cleaning off his hands with a cloth that he didn't notice me at first. When he did notice me, it wasn't the reaction I expected.

His eyes widened for a mere second but quickly recovered. It was like he was surprised to see me and like he already knew me.

"How can I help you?" He says, "Im sorry but we close in a few minutes."

"That's fine. I won't be long." I replied. "Are you Dr. Deaton?"

"Yes." He replied, his voice completely calm and confident now." I can't help but notice that you don't have any animals with you and I don't remember you dropping off any animal either. So, what brings you in?"

"I am here because of what happened on the full moon." I said, getting straight to the point.

The vet suddenly grew silent for a few moments but stayed calm and collected.

"I'm going to ask you again. What brings you in?" Deaton asks in a strong tone as if he was challenging me but I brushed it off.

It was quiet for a few moments and the tension was thick.

"I just came to ask you a few questions and I wanted to thank you." I finally said with a deep breath.

Deaton squints his eyes and cocks his head to the side slightly.

"Thank me for what?" He asks.

I began moving towards the counter where he stayed safely behind. I couldn't help but notice how uneasy Deaton became the closer I came to him, yet he stayed calm on the outside.

"I wanted to thank you for saving the girl in the forest." I told him as I placed my hands on the counter.

It wasn't like me to thank anyone ever but I thought that this one time was an exception.

"Im sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about." Deaton replied.

There was no point in him playing dumb. I knew that he already knew about our kind.

"You know exactly what in talking about. If it wasn't for you, she would be dead. I couldn't protect her but you did." I said in an almost aggravated tone.

Deaton took a deep breath and leaned back against the wall behind him as if he knew he had been found out.

"Is she your mate?" Deaton bluntly asks.