t w o

t a y l o r

------------------

Never let anyone know what you're thinking.

------------------ 

Sometimes there are moments when you know things will never be the same. The moment I saw her, I knew things were going to change.

I stood bored yet cautious, the meeting had just found some source of entertainment before Thunder so rudely ended it.

"You know that I, leader of the strongest gang in our state, cannot be merciful to anybody, not even an old friend." I scowled as Rogue's annoying voice interrupted my train of thought.

Stupid motherfucker.

"So I have no other choice than to suggest a death penalty. Wouldn't you agree, Mr Valentine?"

What the fuck does this have to do with me?

I moved forward quickly and pretended to be paying attention. My eyes went to the girl crouched down, her arm was locked in a harsh grip which I assumed would leave bruises.

She looked up at me. My breathing hitched as she caught my eyes.

A dazzling shade of steel blue stared back at me.

The girl before me was gorgeous.

She wore her rage like a diamond bracelet, recklessness ran wild in her eyes and she smirked relentlessly at me. almost daring me to answer.

"I agree." An voice unfamiliar voice spoke out, it took me all but 3 seconds to realize that the voice belonged to me. I couldn't fathom what was going on as I looked at the girl.

I had just sentenced the most beautiful girl I have ever met in my short fifteen years of life to death.

I really am an idiot.

Rogue's hands hit each other in a motion that could be mistaken for clapping. "Right that's settled then. Tomorrow at midday, Thunder, will do the honors. Are you scared, Cleveland?"

Cleveland?

Where have I heard that name before?

"Memento mori." The girl, Cleveland, spoke, her cold tone juxtaposing with her soft face.

Remember you must die.

I think Lex would like her.

"Astrid, I have a....suggestion, if you help me then I won't kill you." Rogue offered again.

Astrid.

"Rogue, I've already told you that I'm not going to help you take over the world. No, not even if you bribe me with cookies." Her steel blue eyes were abnormally staring at the cookies on Rogues desk, lust lingering in her irises.

She must really like cookies.

"Still so childish, Cleveland. You've made the wrong choice. Thunder, take her down to the cells." He looked slightly disappointed as he commanded his little bitch. "And I was actually considering forgetting about that little incident from a while ago."

The girl stilled, the corner of her lips pulled up into a teasing smirk. "Oh you mean with Lily?" She paused. "I don't regret a second of it."

Thunder hit the girl with a blunt object.