t w e n t y - s i x

a s t r i d

------------------

I can't run because betrayal won't come from my enemies

------------------ 

"Devil?" I call out, walking back into the room. I keep my gaze forward, refusing to look at the sight I knew would see.

Taylor.

My brows furrow on instinct as I noticed Devil wasn't with Dylan, or in the room at all.

A glass shattered, echoing across the building. I ran into the Game room to find Devil being held with a gun to his head. He fought back against the other boy's restraint yet the hold on his neck was too tight.

I moved my eyes up, sucking in a breath when I caught sight of the cold eyes.

Jayce.

"You're the traitor." I whisper softly, a deep burning sensation erupting my chest. "It's you."

Taylor believed wholeheartedly that Jayce was innocent, and he proved Taylor wrong.

He proved us all wrong.

My arm shot up instantly as I aimed the gun at Jayce's head. He made an effort to show me the gun he held against Devil's temple but I didn't care.

I wanted blood.

"Put the gun down, Astrid." Jayce spoke calmly, only making me want to shoot him more. "I know you don't believe me but we're not the bad guys."

"Bullshit." I scoffed, kissing my teeth. "You lied to us."

His iris' flickered at my words, "You'd know quite a bit about lying, don't you Princess?"

I don't let my expression falter as his emphasis, instead I straighten my stance out and move the gun up further. "I never intentionally put these people in danger."

He shook his head at me, visibly loosening the hold he had on Devil. "I never meant for everyone to get hurt." He swallowed, looking physically pained at the words leaving his mouth. "I never meant for anyone to die."

I tensed as I heard someone clapping behind me, spinning around I backed away.

He had two guns tucked into his waistband and a knife in his hand.

Studying him closely, I caught the scars faded on his skin. He supported a dark bruise on his face and a long gash on his forearm. Our eyes met and I almost flinched back at the darkness blossoming sinisterly in his iris'. I could tell he was evil through and through.

But one thing stopped me from pulling the trigger as I looked at him.

He has Alexi's eyes.

Tyler.

"How lucky are they." Tyler moved forward so he was standing next to the blond haired boy. "To have a friend as good as you, Snow. Honestly, that performance was flawless. Impeccable! Completely moved me to tears. Bravo Jayce, Bravo."

The traitor flinched, his gaze didn't waver as he stared straight ahead.

His grip on Devil fell, and the young teen ran towards me until we were stood facing them.

And we weren't alone.

"Why are you here, Tyler?" Becca's voice spoke up from the corner, her expression callously ominous.