f o u r t e e n

a s t r i d 

------------------

There are no heroes without villains and there are both in each of us.

------------------ 

"I have it because I thought it would be useful to remind you that even if you do win, their blood is on your hands. You'll never be able to wash it off." Rogue taunts. I pull Taylor's gun from my waistband, gripping it tightly.

"They're dead because of you." He utters, a dark smirk etched onto his features.

"Just like your sisters dead because of you." I taunt back, almost smirking once I notice his smile fade with my words. "You're not still sore about that? Are you?"

"It wasn't intended for her." He growls back to me. Beside me, Hayden and Addy tense from the devilish expression tattooed onto Rogue's face.

But I wasn't scared, not even in the slightest. My father's words echoed through my head.

'Never be afraid of anyone. You will only give them reason to threaten you more.'

"You see, Rio." I emphasize the name purposely, "I'm here to return the favour. I'm here to burn your Kingdom down."

"Just like yours did, all that time ago. It was a real shame over what happened to your mother. She really was a lovely woman."

My muscles stiffen, but I try not to show how deeply his words affected me.

The wounds were still very much open.

"Don't speak about my mother." I warn him, resting my finger along the trigger of my gun.

"She really was. It was such a shame that she ended up having such a screw up like you." He tuts.

My hand shoots up, and the gun goes off. The bullet lands near to his foot, but didn't hit him.

Judging by his eyes, he knows it was a warning. Yet he still chooses not to take it.

"I'm assuming you haven't told your darling snakes about what happened to Mommy and Daddy yet?" His chilling voice brought my heart to a halt.

I sensed more of the gang arrive, feeling many pairs of eyes on me.

"I don't have any idea what you're talking about, Rio." I denied instantly, taking a step back.

"Yes you do, Princess." He continues, amusement clear in his tormenting tone. "Your friends deserve to know about how you brutally murdered your parents in cold blood."

It wasn't my fucking fault.

"You have no idea what you're talking about, Rogue. So I suggest you shut up, now." I cautioned, avoiding meeting any other gaze. I didn't want to see Taylor's disappointed eyes when he found out ever worse fear he had about me was the truth.

I wasn't prepared to face my past.

"Don't I? I recall finding you stood over your parents body with a bloody dagger in your hands. I think I know enough."

"You know why I did that." I swallowed the lump in my throat, trying to block out the gasps that followed my words.

Rogue just chuckled, walking off. Thunder lingered, his stare meeting mine. He, like Rogue, knew exactly what happened that night.

"Rogue!" I called out, waiting for him to swirl his stare back to me. "I will kill you, and I will win. Maybe not now, but it will be soon. If I'm going to hell, you'll be damned if I don't take you with me."