s i x t e e n

a s t r i d

------------------

Do you ever wish you had a second chance to meet someone again for the first time?

  ------------------  

Black, lace dress.

Black, leather jacket.

Black, heel combat boots.

Black, straight hair. Black nails. Black smokey eyes.

Considering black is the color of death, I seem to wear it extremely well.

I step out of my room, smiling softly as I catch sight of Taylor. He's wearing black too. A black, incredibly tight, long sleeved Henley with black skinny jeans and sneakers.

Blushing slightly, I take his hand as he leads up out of the house and into his car. I wait for him to pass me a blindfold of some sort, assuming the base location was still supposed to be 'top secret' but it never happens.

He turns the radio on, humming slightly to 505 by Arctic Monkeys. We stay in complete silence, but I felt like it was more comfortable than making idle conversation.

We had all night for that.

He drives us to some restaurant in the City Centre, the sole part which wasn't burnt to the crisp during the war.

I didn't know areas like this still existed.

Marvelling at its beauty, I take Taylor's hand once again and we walk into what appears to be an abandoned building.

Or at least it did on the outside.

The inside looks like something out of a Disney Movie.

A spacious room, shaped like a wide oval. Patterns laced and lurked on the walls, creating a soft but loud collision of colours. Hues of blue and purple decorated the ceiling, like a galaxy, partnered with crystal chandelier. To the far side of the room lay a waterfall, the water glittering when the fluorescent light cascaded gently upon it.

It reminds me of my childhood home.

It's sensational.

"Oh my god." I say quietly, my eyes widening. I smile, a true smile.

"Come on." Taylor tugs me along, smiling with me.

We sit down at a random table, and the waiter comes instantly to ask for our orders.

"Can I have the menu please?" I ask sweetly.

"Oh, darling, we don't have menus. We make anything you desire." He speaks with elegance, a trait I have almost forgotten.

Taylor smirks at me from across the table, before looking up at the waiter. "For my appetizer, I will have the Gamberoni Piccanti. Main: Filetto Pavarotti. And for dessert, I would like a Strawberry & Mint Granita. May we also have a bottle of your finest Red Wine, thank you."

The smirk widens as he says the Italian Dishes.

He thinks it's impressing that he knows Italian Food?

Ha.

"I would like a Pizza All' Aglio for my appetizer. A Pollo Gorgonzola for my main and a Pistacchio Gelato for my dessert. Grazie, Signore." I nod to him, and he goes to put our order in. Noticing Taylor staring at me, I raise an eyebrow. "What? You thought you was impressive because you could name 3 Italian Dishes?"