t w e n t y

t a y l o r

------------------

Isn't it scary to be ready to die at such a young age?

------------------

My knuckles crack once they make contact with his face. The sound echoed through the silent room. The fucker whimpered in pain yet I didn't feel anything. My fist didn't sting, and my chest doesn't ache with guilt.

It was these moments that I lived for.

I sat down opposite to him, scanning my eyes over his swollen face. His gaze was tired, and slowly broke apart before our very eyes. His cheeks bled and his lip cracked open.

His breathing came out in brutal pants, the sound leaving his lips was almost too strangled to understand. "I don't know who he is."

He.

"So you know it's a guy?" I push, making sure no one around me could see any shred of hope in my eyes.

He visibly gulps, "Boss doesn't see a need for chicks unless he's boning them."

He'd been tied to the chair for at least 5 hours now, with each of us taking turns interrogating him.

But at them words, Scarlett sent a callous punch to his already fucked up face.

He winced as his head flew back, "Just because my boss does that, Doll, doesn't mean I do."

Her lip curled back, and she pulled the pistol from her back pocket and held it to his head. "Call me Doll once again. I dare you."

"Don't be like that Dol- Shit! What the fuck, Woman?!" He swore as she whipped his across his head with the gun. I smirked, watching as a malicious grin painted across Scarlett's face.

Her dark streak didn't show often but when it did, it was beautiful.

"I'm sorry, is the gun at your head making you uncomfortable?" She snaps, almost cutting him with her eyes.

My eyes lock with Hayden's, and I gesture for him to get her away from the enemy. He complies easily, pushing her from the room.

It had been one week since Devil had stabbed Jayce. One week since Becca had revealed that she thought Astrid was a traitor.

I couldn't like a traitor.

She slaughtered her parents. Who says she couldn't betray a group of people she barely knows?

Catching Shae's and Jesse's attention, I nod at them.

They knew what that meant.

Kill him.

I strolled out the room with Jayce by my side. How could anybody ever assume he was a traitor? He was my best friend, my brother.

He had proved his loyalty with shattered glasses and tears of blood.

"We can tick genocide off our 'To do list'" I comment bluntly, wiping my blood stained hands on my jeans. I welcomed the sweet taste of death, biting the inside of my cheek in a bid to stop the cruel smirk begging to embed on my face.

Shae kisses his teeth, looking back into the opposite cell. Dozens of contorted body's lay deafeningly just moments away from us.

"Hm to think, that could've been me." Jayce's voice was callous as he spoke, his blank words obviously aimed at Scarlett.