s e v e n

a s t r i d

-----------------

She was a savage, a fucking brute. Unafraid to fight for what she believed in.

------------------

"I honestly hate the sight of blood." Taylor commented, stepping over the puddles of crimson liquid splattered across the concrete.

I rolled my eyes at him, raising an eyebrow. "If you hate the sight of blood then why are you in a gang that's known for killing people?"

"Hey!" He exclaimed playfully, holding his hands up. "I haven't killed anyone yet today."

"What do you want?" I shook my head, "A medal?"

"That would be nice." He nodded his head, glancing at me with greed lingering in his forest green eyes.

My heart raced as our gazes met, an unfamiliar feeling of happiness erupted in my stomach.

"So this is what you do, eh?" I asked, studying the Viper symbol marked on the building wall. Blood decorated the entire area, like golden paint on a statue. People huddled in certain spots, no doubt being sold certain substances that weren't as uncommon as they used to be. "How are you all still alive?"

Tay sent me a lazy grin, "Guess we're the kids that you can never kill. Believe me, people have tried."

He pulled two handguns from his waistband, keeping one in his hand and holding one out in my direction.

I backed away, eyeing it with caution. "I don't like guns."

Taylor's arm didn't move. "That's because you were never shown how to use one properly."

"No." I corrected, "It's because I've been shot...many, many times."

He stepped forward, opening my fist and placing the gun into my open palm. "I won't let anybody hurt you, sweetheart."

I smiled internally, feeling butterflies linger in my stomach like a warm rose on a summer's day.

But, physically, I smirked at him, biting my lip seductively at the boy. "You want to protect me, Valentine?"

His lips moved upwards, and his head moved back as he laughed at my words. "Nah, just don't want to see my investment damaged."

I raise my brow at him, "So that's all I am to you? An investment?"

His eyes were playful, so I knew he didn't really mean it. The ice barrier in his eyes was slowly melting away, day by day.

"Unfortunately for me, you're seem to be more than that." He smiled, like actually smiled.

I swear my heart stopped.

Noticing a metal glint shimmer in his mouth, I held his face softly and moved it towards my own.

"You've got a tongue piercing?" I question, my surprise becoming apparent on my features. "Why?"

He smirked, "Want me to show you, Sweetheart?"

I step back, slapping his arm. "You're fifteen!"

"So what?" He shrugs, "Age doesn't mean anything anymore, you know that."

"We're still kids." I reply easily.

"I'm not." He shook his head, taking a step away from me. "I'm in a gang. You said it yourself, I kill people for a living. This is who I am. I'm not a fifteen year old kid who doesn't know shit about the world. I'm third in command in the motherfucking Vipers, I kill people, I hurt people. You're in a gang now. You're not a sixteen year old, clueless girl. You're a gangster, a killer. Get used to it."