s i x

t a y l o r

------------------

Nobody can hurt me without my permission

------------------  

As a child, the concept of life and death always interested me.

I love fighting the same way as I love the sweet copper taste in your mouth after a hit.

It's the bittersweet victory of death.

I've always been a sadistic motherfucker, craving the deluded and the callousness of the fight.

But one thing I always craved when fighting, was the screams and fear from another person.

Every single person has a clandestine obsession inside of us, it just happens that slitting people's throats is mine.

Death has always been a good friend of mine. And of course, I'm best friends with the fucker who I slaughter.

***

"Have you ever used a knife before?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at the girl's annoyed expression.

"Have you ever hit someone before?" She countered easily, the words slipping off her tongue naturally. Her steel eyes diverted from my fists to my face in a second, a teasing grin ghosting her features.

"Can you fight?" I questioned, stepping away from the knife display and moving closer to her.

Astrid stepped forward, meeting me midway. We circled each other. "Can you read?"

She lunged at me before I could think twice, delivering a harsh jab to my ribs. I dodged her next punch quickly, using the pain in my chest to drive me on further.

"I don't want to hurt you, darling." I warned carefully, tilting my head slightly as she laughed. Fireworks erupted inside of me as she threw her head back, the dark locks falling into her face.

"Hurt me, Valentine? No one hurts me." She sneers confidently,

I stepped forward, aiming a soft jab to her jaw. She ducked, using her closeness to the floor to push her leg out and trip me over it. I fell to the floor, wincing at the impact. Without warning, she straddled me, tightening her legs around my waist so I couldn't move my arms.

She moved her head to my ear, her warm breath tickling my face. "See."

I smirked, using her distraction as a way to flip our positions. I held myself up over her body, so she wasn't suffocated by my weight. She grinned under me, her blue eyes igniting with rebellion. "Rule number one: Don't get distracted."

"It's hard not to get distracted, Valentine." She lets out, smiling at me flirtatiously.

My stomach clenched as a rush of lust hit me like a drug. The demon moved to the edge of my skin, craving her touch.

But before I knew it, our positions reversed once again and she now sat on top of me.

"What was that, Taylor? Don't get distracted?" She taunts playfully, "I'm afraid I'll have to give you an F."

"Oh yeah?" I challenged, raising an eyebrow. "And what do you get?"

"Me?" She smirks, " An A* of course." She states as if it was the most obvious in the world.