Chapter: 14

Bobby's POV
Angel, sofi, jerry and I were sitting on the front door steps as green walked up to us saying "bobby what did I tell you, do not get involved with the investigation, and what do you do" I'm not listing to him, I just wanted to go to the hospital to see jack, sadly that bastard steven was there with him instead of me "whatever green, are we getting arrested for killing those guys or not, tell me right now cause I want to go see jack" green sighed and said "no y'all are not getting arrested since this was self-defense" I nodded then went to my car with angel and sofi following, I was to focused on going to see jack to get in a fight with sofi, when we got to the hospital I quickly ran to the Waiting room, I saw steven and got mad "what are you doing here, shouldn't you be in a hospital room be jack's side he almost died he shouldn't be alone" steven just looks up at me and says "he's in surgery right now okay dumb ass" I was about to punch him when angel stopped me saying "bobby stop we're all still a little shocked from what happened so just calm down" I nodded and sat down leaving an empty sit between me and steven, sofi sat next to me and angel sat next to her, sofi rubbed my arm saying "I'm sure he'll be fine bobby, jack's a tough kid" I nodded and smiled "thanks sofi" after an hour of waiting, a doctor came saying "family of jack mercer" we all stood up to hear what news he had on jack, "thankfully he made it through the surgery, but we did almost lose him twice, but got him back, uh no permanent or serious damage was done, luckily the bullets missed every important organ so he just lost a large amount of blood, if you like you can see him now he'll wake up in half an hour" angel, sofi and steven passed the doctor, as I was about follow them the doctor stopped me and said "uh Mr. Mercer before you go to see your brother I wanted to ask you something about him" I nodded "yea what is it?" I asked "is your brother okay" the doctor asked, I let out a little laugh "your the doctor, you tell me" I replied "I mean is your brother depressed, is he being abused" asked the doctor, hearing that, I was fully worried now "w-what do you mean?" "When jack was brought in and we were getting him ready for surgery I had to cut his clothes off and I noticed that he had bruises on his back, stomach and ribs, he had cuts on his left and right wrist, and uh is your brother anorexic" I shook my head "I uh I don't know, uh why" I asked trying to keep myself from crying "because your brother looked far to skinny for a man his age, and I saw his ribs were sticking out alot and I just wanted to tell you my concern" I nodded and then left to go see jack, when I saw jack smiled, he looked so peaceful, "hey man, what took you so long to get here, you were the most excited to see jack out of all of us I'd thought you run in here knocking all of us out of the way in the hallway" angel said laughing, I just smiled and said "uh, nothing the doctor just wanted to tell me that he's gonna be okay to calm me down because he saw how worried I was" angel nodded buying the lie I told. After a half an hour just like the doctor said, jack finally woke up, as he opened his eyes all I wanted to do was kiss him, but of course steven went and did that while I had to hold myself back. The doctor came in the room a few minutes later to check on jack and see if he's okay or not, after doing some x-rays and scans the doctor told jack he could leave, but he just had to take if easy for a month, angel quickly went back to the house to get jack a shirt and jeans and sofi went with him, sofi stayed home helping jerry explain what happened to them to Camille, angel, steven and I were outside jack's room, "I'm gonna go in and see if he needs help" I said to angel, ignoring steven, I walk in as jack was pulling his shirt down on his waist, he turned when I closed the door saying "O hey bobby" "hey" I said simply "so uh, remember what I said to you?" Jack nodded "yes and let me guess it was just something that slipped out and you didn't mean it" I took a deep breath and got ready to finally confess how I feel "no it wasn't, I-I'm in love with you jack, I always have been since ma brought you home and adopted you, and I was gonna tell you after we killed sweet, but then you got shot and I thought I was gonna lose you" I say as tears fell done on my cheeks even thinking about jack not making it alive, jack looked at the floor that at me "bobby uh you don't mean that bobby" jack said in a sad voice "why would you say that jack" I said as more tears fall " because I not the person people fall in love with, I-I'm not worthy of anyones love" I put my right hand on his right cheek wiping away a tear on his cheek saying " jack how could you say that-" I was interrupted by steven walking in saying "jack you ready to go" he looked at us and asked "what's going on here" I look at jack when he stuttered "n-nothing steven, uh y-yeah I'm ready to go" I couldn't get over the fact that he looked and sounded scared as hell, he looked like he was scared that he was gonna get hit, after we got home we made a plan that we were gonna kill Victor sweet for revenge and show him that he missed with the wrong family.