Prologue

**** This story is unedited ****

Unknown POV....

Footsteps signaled the approach of one of my guards. How long had it been this time? An hour? A day? A week? The concrete room they kept me in gave no indication of time. My body ached as I heard the door being unbolted. Cowering against the farthest wall, I prayed they wouldn't torment me any more. I didn't know if I had anything left in my heart to keep fighting.

"Well, well," a deep voice started when the dark shadow of a man loomed over me. "It seems your daughter found her way back home. Seems the prophecy is already coming true." He dragged a chair in and sat down, glaring down at me with piercing eyes.

"Good. I can't wait for the day she ends your reign." I spat, my voice raspy from my dehydration and screaming.

The slap that followed cracked my jaw. From down the corridor, I heard the growl of my mate, crazed from having been away from me for so long and having to hear my beatings. We had gotten lucky they hadn't killed one of us but killing one would kill the other and they had bigger plans for us.

"Bring the doctor." The man barked an order. "I plan on breaking this one." He stood over me. "If taking you didn't stop your daughter, I'll turn you into my slave and send you to deter her. Simple solution to a pesky problem." He turned to leave. "Have a nice night, Hope. I plan on it being the last that you spend in control of your own mind. I'll be sure to tell Joshua 'hello' for you on my way passed." He laughed evilly on his way out.

When the doctor came in and strapped me down, I sent a silent prayer up for my daughter.., for my Lena. I just needed to hold on a little longer and the prophecy would be fulfilled. Just hold on, I thought as the pain hit.