Chapter Eight: Two Invites

"We've given them all that we can." I shrugged at Jasper referring to the Wallace family.

Before sending the triplets away, they had requested one more day to get Angela to talk. I remembered them coming into the office.

"Three days is up." Jasper had told them.

"Please." Dean begged. "We just need one more day. I know we're getting through to her."

"I've given you far than enough time." Jasper replied.

"Just give us one more try." Oliver insisted.

"And what makes you think that one try will do anything?" Jacob asked, standing beside Jasper's desk with his arms crossed. We all sat in our usual spaces. Me by Jasper, my brothers flanking his desk and Harper and Cory on the sofa.

"It's the last chance any of us might get to see her alive." Oliver replied.

"And what makes you think we'll kill her?" I asked.

"I know your work." He replied and I met his state without flinching.

I gave him a sinister smile. "Yes. You know what I'm capable of. I suggest you let her know that." I glanced at Jasper. "I'll give you one more day. Then..., she mine and I'll get what I need out of her, one way or another." I opened my link. "This will give us tomorrow to get the triplets out of town and spend some time with them before they go."

"My Luna has spoken. You get your day but no more. And don't try anything. My patience runs very thin these days."

They'd taken the day and nothing came of it. When we'd arrived back home from the airport, they'd all been sitting around with solemn faces. I knew when we walked in that they didn't get anything from her and I mentally prepared myself, steeled myself, against their begging for more time. We had training to do so we told them they were free to stay the weekend to make peace with leaving Angela with us. My interrogations were scheduled for Monday and so was their departure.

*************************************

"What did you do wrong?" I snapped at the three young warriors I just took down.

"You're too strong." The dark-haired male warrior panted, struggling to get up.

"Wrong." I barked in response. "What did you do wrong?" I demanded, emphasizing each word.

"We underestimated you." The blonde female warrior sighed.

"And why would you do that?" I asked.

"You let us get some hits in. It made us cocky." She replied.

"Exactly!" I raised my voice so everyone could hear. "By letting your opponent land a couple of shots, you've given them the idea that they have a chance to beat you. Only you know how strong you are and only you can use that to your advantage. Now, I let them get in a few good hits but the issue there is you must be able to take a hit. If you can't take hits, this is not for you. In fact, if you can't take a hit, get the hell out of my sight." I stared them all down.

"Looks like we have some bold warriors." Jasper stepped up beside me without a shirt on.

He had on some shorts that he could fight in and that was all. Looking at him was distracting which helped with my personal training because it was teaching me some extra discipline. He was learning some himself since I was wearing a pair of close fitting shorts and a tank top. His eyes strayed to me often but he was getting better at ignoring me.

"Good." I replied. "We'll need them. Pair up for now and do some light sparring for about thirty minutes then we'll run a few miles. Think of all this as your cool down." I turned on a timer and turned to Jasper. "Wanna go at it?" I gave him a little eyebrow move and he grinned.