Chapter One: New

I shot up in bed, my heart pounding. For the last couple of months it was the same thing every night, the same dream. The dream would start out normal and innocent then things would morph. Always there was a dark figure lurking, waiting to attack me..., waiting for the opportunity to kill me. I would always wake up right before I could see who it was, jumping up with a gasp and a racing heart. It had happened so often that Jasper had stopped reacting to it. Especially since I told him I needed him to just stop making a big deal about them.

I couldn't explain to him what my dream was or what it meant. Hell, I didn't even know what it was or what it meant. How could I be expected to explain it to him if I was so confused myself? I tried to ignore the dreams but they were really taking a toll on my mood. Sighing, I clamored out of bed and went to get dressed. It was a weekend for me and I could afford to lounge for a while without doing homework in preparation of the next week. There was only one thing that would make me feel better on that type of morning...., well, make that three.

"Hi, babies." I cooed as I entered the nursery which was connected to our master suite.

Adam, Ambrosia, and Andrew were all in their cribs, holding on to the bar to stand up. They couldn't do much more than stand there and bounce but they tried. I laughed and moved to kiss my babies. Surprisingly, being a mother had come naturally for me. I had taken to learning cries and feeding techniques faster than I thought I would. I was in no way a super mom and I had messed up quite a bit, but I was better than I would have ever dreamed. Moving to get their bottles ready, I took them out one by one and fed them, rocking them each in one of the rocking chairs we had in the corner of the room.

My babies were the perfect mix of Jasper and I. The boys got my eyes and skin tone but everything else felt like it was from Jasper, from their stubborn mannerisms to their facial structure. Ambrosia got Jasper's beautiful eyes, my hair, and his skin tone. All of them already drew attention wherever they went. Seeing so much of him in them made them beyond perfect in my eyes. Jasper always claimed they all looked the most like me but, when they stared up at me, I still could only see Jasper's face in theirs. Jasper always joked that I would see it more when they all grew up and started breaking hearts but I was sure that would only convince of their resemblance to their father. He was more of a heartbreaker than I was.

"Jasper." I called out using the mindlink when I had put Adam down into his crib. It was so nice to be able to call to my mate wherever he was.

"In my office. I'm sending up one of the pack nannies. Leave the babies with her and come to me." He replied after a slight pause, already knowing I was with our children. Looking down at my three babies all napping, I smiled.

At nine months old and having just been fed, they were going to be out for a while so I had time to go see Jasper in his office. I nodded at the young nanny, who was coming in on my way out of the nursery, and headed downstairs to see my husband.

"Luna Lena!" I heard from behind me as I turned to the area Jasper's office was in and turned to see an unfamiliar woman standing in the open front door. Our pack was so open with the pack house that the door was almost always swinging open and closed. Sometimes the younger members would keep the door open while they ran in for drinks or other stuff.

"I'm sorry. Do I know you?" I asked the young woman with a smile. She didn't smell like a rouge but she was obviously not a part of Cory, Harper, or our pack.

She looked around twenty-five with pale blonde hair, so pale it was almost silver. She was shorter than me, which made her seem a bit younger than her features did, but her body was firm. She looked like a fighter, a warrior of some kind. Her round face had a stubborn way about it and there was a scar on her right cheek.