Chapter Nine: Back And Badder Than Ever

"Oliver!" I called out to him where he was out jogging. He paused, smiling at me. "We need to talk." I told him, jogging to where he had stopped, and his smile dropped.

"What's wrong?" He asked, catching his breath.

"Nothing yet but I need to clear some things up with you." I crossed my arms. "My identity. Who all knows about my old identity?"

"Just us. My family, the guards we brought. Why?" He asked.

"I need you to give an alpha order to all of them to keep my identity to themselves."

"Okay." He answered without pause.

"Just like that? No questions?" I raised a brow.

"This is what you want me to do?" He asked and I nodded. "Then it's done. I don't care why you need to do it. I'll make sure my people keep your secret. Nothing will slip out. I promise."

"Thank you." I paused. "I hope you understand I still need to do this though." I swallowed. "I worry most about your sister but the rest of them might be an issue too. Make no mistake, you've seen what I'm capable of, I'll be forced to handle any leaks. I'm sure you remember how good I am at silencing a squeaky wheel."

"I remember. I fell in love with that girl, remember?" He smirked. "I got you. If anything comes out, and it came from my people, you won't have to handle it. I'll kill them on sight for defying me."

"You could never take a kill shot, Olly." I turned to walk away.

"I could for you." He answered, following me. "So," he said after a pause. "Would you be willing to tell me about what's happening?"

"It depends." I replied.

"On?"

"Whether or not I can truly trust you." I answered.

"Can you?"

"I don't know." I stopped and looked at him. "Were you planning to break Angela out of here?"

"There had been talk about it. After I knew you were here and what she had done, after Jasper explained the situation to us before we went to question her, those plans were out. She came after you, I won't accept that. She's not a member of my pack."

"I wanna trust you, Olly. I really do." I sighed, walking again.

"Then do it." He said. "Trust me. Test me if you want. I know Jasper probably doesn't like me too much, seeing as I'm in love with his mate and all, but if he and your other friends can trust me..., do you think you could?"

I looked at him. "Maybe."

"Then get me in front of them and let me plead my case." He said as we walked into the pack house.

"Yeah, throw him to the lions." Cory stepped into our path.

"Hey." I moved to his side. "Did you finish what we talked about?" I asked and he slung his arm around my shoulders.

"Taken care of." He answered. "Now, let's take Oliver here up on his offer to plead his case. I'll get Jasper and the guys." He kissed my hair in a semi-brotherly gesture he'd used often enough before.

"Already here." Jasper's voice sounded from behind us and I felt sparks as he touched my waist. Harper and my brothers were with him, looking intimidating. "What are we doing?" He kissed my shoulder.

"Oliver here wants to prove himself to us." Cory smirked, glancing back at him.

"Be nice, guys. Don't bite unless you're given a reason to." I elbowed Cory and Jasper.