Chapter Two: A Partial Debriefing

"Alpha." One of our pack warriors came in. "We have another problem." She said, walking to Jasper's desk. I sat back down and waited. "At the same time that we were chasing the prisoner, there was an anomaly in our security system for all our computer files."

"Jason." Troy looked at my brother.

"On it." He said, then he shot out of the office to get his laptop from his office. In seconds, he was back and setting up shop, going through our files to find what had been copied or taken. "Oh hell." He muttered.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Okay." He paused, picking his next words. "Our system is one of the most protected out there but somebody found a gap. With that gap they went into our personnel files and our member files." He answered.

"And whose files did they copy?" I asked as a follow-up.

Jason looked up at me. "Our family's."

"By 'our family's' do you mean me, you, and Jake?" I inquired.

"I mean us and our parents..., and your children." He said and my breath stuck in my throat. "Thankfully, the babies information is minimal at best. Our system snapped shot in seconds. The most they would have been able to access is the superficial details."

"That's enough for a lot to happen." I replied, my voice shaking. "I killed people on less than superficial information." I looked at Jasper.

"We need to find out who that woman is and who she was working with. We need to find out what we're up against." Jasper said, looking into my eyes.

*************************************

After checking on the babies, who were still sleeping peacefully, I urged Jasper to come with me down to the dungeon. He trailed silently behind me as we went down, less reluctant than earlier with the threat escalating. Although he had grumbled, he told all the pack guards to prepare for us to go down and vacate the area. The head pack doctor had been put on hold for if our little guest decided to be difficult.

It was obvious that Jasper was riled by going down to the dungeon but he trusted me enough and wanted to be with me enough that he ignored his unease and followed me. As we approached the woman's cell, he took a deep breath. I glanced back at him and his face turned blank. Something in his eyes did something to my insides. Stopping a few cells down, I turned to him.

"Okay," I mindlinked him. "I'm going to be a little more honest with you before we walk in there and hope it makes you less apprehensive about this. Back in my Blood Drip days, when I was asked to kill..., you, I might have had a little something more than respect for you back then. Even though I didn't know it was you at the time."

"Oh really?" He raised a brow at me. "Is that the Blood Drip wolf or Lena feeling that way?"

I stepped closer to him and draped my arms over his shoulders. He looked down at me, the darkness still on the surface but his natural humor lighting his eyes. "They're the same person, Jas. Just the same way that that old Alpha and you are the same. We're gonna go in there and get her to talk and find out who's after us. After that, we'll go upstairs and see our children and be with our family and pack. Then tonight, you and I will air out everything and we'll be ready for whoever is coming for us." I told him then leaned up to kiss him but he pulled back.

"As much as I want to feel your lips on me right now, she'll hear." He nodded to the cell. "First rule of an effective interrogation, don't give them anything to prey on. She already knows you're my mate, she'll press harder the more ammo we give her. I'm very strict about my interrogations." He explained and I grinned at him.