Chapter Fifteen: Done

"And the timeline has been altered as well." Edgar continued while I reeled internally from his proclamation that he was removing me from his hit list. Despite my internal freak out, my face remained schooled to appear unaffected and frankly disinterested. "You need to handle this tonight."

"Tonight?" I raised a brow.

"Yes. Alpha Carson plans on leaving tomorrow and I don't want him getting away. I want him dead before morning."

"And why are you taking Luna Carson off my list?" I asked, needing to know.

"I have other plans for her." He smirked.

"Such as?"

"I didn't take you for the kind to care about such things. I figured it was beneath you." He cocked his head at me.

"You've piqued my interest with the change." I shrugged.

"Oh, I'm flattered that I'm that good to make you interested in my plans."

"Hm, the feeling will pass." I told him.

"She's a spicy type, kind of like you. I think she'll be a good edition to my bedroom." He said and I nearly gagged.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you already have a mate?" I questioned. "That's who I'm supposed to be getting this done for."

"No, I don't have a so-called mate yet. I've settled that I will not mark a female."

"Ah, it makes sense now why your queen tends to hide her neck. People would ask questions."

"Enough about my women. Before morning, Alpha Carson needs to be dealt with."

"Let me see what I have in my car and I'll let you know if that's possible right now." I replied, standing and going to the door. Surprisingly, there was no argument. A guard walked with me to my car and my brain raced as we walked.

"Jasper, I need you." I called out and I felt him open the link. "Jake! Jason!" I reached out desperately for my brothers as well, hoping the distance was close enough they could hear me.

"We're here." They answered. "What's happening?"

"Edgar's changed his plans." I told them.

"Figured he would when I said we were leaving." Jasper replied.

"He wants me to complete the job tonight." I hesitated to tell him the rest. "He also changed the marks."

"What? Bethany still so hot for Jasper she's willing to let him live?" Jason asked sarcastically.

"Not exactly." I replied. "He called off the hit on me. He's planning to try to keep me for himself. He, um, he said I would be a nice edition to his bedroom." I heard Jasper growl. "So, any plans?"

"Kill him." Jasper replied harshly.

"Any plans on how to get to that step?" I rolled my eyes. "Anyone?" I probed when I was met with silence.

"Hang on!" Jason busted out. "Something's happening."

"What is it?" I questioned.

"There's been an attack." Jason answered my question.

"My parents just called." Jasper growled just as Jason spoke as well. "I'm pretty sure that's what Jason is talking about too."