Chapter Four: What Does That Mean?

"Alright." I grinned at my playful babies. "Time to go get Daddy for dinner." I singsonged to them.

True to his word, Jasper had watched the triplets while I had gotta the majority of my work done. Nobody had been allowed to disturb me and I'd gotten to catch up on my reading and a paper I had due at the end of the week. By the time the alarm I set for myself rang, I was already wrapping stuff up and ready to go relieve Jasper. When I had walked in, Jasper had been sprawled on the floor with our babies. He'd smiled up at me and hopped up, lifting the babies with him. I sent him off with a kiss and he'd burst out of the room.

After spending almost three hours with my babies, it was getting late so it was time for their last meal and for them to be put down for the night. After they were fed, it would still be early enough for Jasper and I to have some time alone before bed. Finding that alone time was always hard but oh so worth it. Putting them into a stroller, I moved out into the hall and went to the very seldom used elevator we had arranged for once it was decided that we were expanding the packhouse and that I needed an effective way of getting the babies around.

I went into Jasper's office with a soft knock, pushing the stroller ahead of me. He sat at his desk, still bent over some paperwork but he looked up and smiled at us.

"Still busy?" I asked, leaving the stroller in front of his desk and going around to his side.

"A bit." He sighed. "This morning's issues took up some of the time I had set aside for work today. We're getting ready for some changes and I need to approve designs, along with you."

"I'll look at my planner and see when we can do that." I promised.

"I'm getting you an assistant soon." He grumbled.

"You know I don't want one." I laughed. "Anyway, you stay and finish up. I'll get these three fed and in their beds then we can have our dinner together." I kissed him softly.

"Thank you, baby." He said softly against my lips, kissing me again.

I grinned at him and took the babies out to the dining room where the kitchen crew was preparing for the pack dinner. I was feeding the babies a bit early but they needed to be in bed. They needed a stable sleep schedule that would work with our schedule. One of the cooks brought me a few pouches of the homemade baby food I had spent the previous night preparing the coming week. They had never really had baby food, it was all food I had made and used a machine to turn into baby food.

I sat in the dining room, feeding the babies until I was sure they were full because their little eyes started to droop. I laughed as I thought of what my parents used to say about black folks when we ate good. We all have that -itis, Dad would joke when we'd have cookouts. Smiling at my sleepy babies, I burped them and went upstairs to check their diapers before settling them into bed. They'd be up for a change through the night, possibly, but they'd be fine.

Back downstairs, the pack had gathered and I waved them on to eat without Jasper and I, sneaking into his office again.

"The kids are down for the night." I grinned.

"Perfect." He grinned back, closing a folder and moving it to a growing pile. "That's the 'done' pile." He explained when I looked at it. He gestured to a much smaller pile, "This is all I need to finish as of now. Most of it I need you around for."

"Need or want?" I asked, moving to sit on his lap.

"Need. I want my Luna to be a part of the decisions in that pile. The rest I can do myself." He wrapped his arms around me. "I know you have some Luna stuff to do this week and you have classes. Just fit me in somewhere please."