Imagine #4 (Stuck)

*(Y/FN/LN)=Your first name and last name*

*(Y/SN OR Y/CN)=Your state name or country name*

You had just finished your first day at svu. You'd transferred over from homicide and were pretty nervous to be working with a whole new squad. It was weird now, you were the newbie and not the veteran. You had been in the homicide unit for 10 years and was widely known but you decided it would be good for a change.

Luckily everything was great so far. You got to meet the whole squad except for the ADA, Rafael Barba. You just assumed he was probably busy today and wondered when you would meet him. So many people told you great things about him. He was probably the person you were most excited to meet.

You walked to the elevator to go home. The door was about to shut when someone stuck their hand through to stop the door from closing. A man walked in. You couldn't help but stare into his green eyes.

"Sorry about that! Didn't mean to scare you." The man said.

You quickly snapped back into reality when you heard his voice.

"Ah, It's okay." You said quietly.

For some reason this random man gave you butterflies. Maybe it was his dark slicked back hair or the smell of his expensive cologne. Whatever it was you just couldn't pinpoint it.

You were about to get to the main floor when the elevator abruptly stopped. The power went out and the emergency light came on.

"Damn, just when I thought my day was going well." You said to yourself.

Apparently you said that pretty loud because the man in the elevator with you laughed.

"You're telling me." He said back

You both stood in silence for a little bit until you decided to break the ice.

"So, now what do we do?" You asked.

"Well, I pressed the emergency button so we pretty much just have to sit around and wait." He said back

"I'm Rafael Barba. The ADA for special victims unit, I assume you're from this unit as well since we got on from the same floor." He said as he turned around to face you.

Your face went pale like you had just seen a ghost. You had no idea it was him. I mean you should've known when you first saw him, right? He was better dressed than everyone else here, even the way he spoke and acted was different. You felt like an idiot for not knowing.

"Detective (Y/FN/LN)! It's nice to meet you." You said a little bit too excitedly as you shook his hand.

"Ah, the famous homicide detective! I'm sorry for not recognizing you earlier." He said back.

You blushed a little. How could such a handsome and intelligent man know about me? I mean I wasn't that popular. You thought to yourself.

"It's okay. I'm just sorry we have to meet under these circumstances." You said with a little chuckle.

"Are you saying you're not glad to be stuck in an elevator with me?" He asked while smiling.

You looked down at your feet and laughed. He made you so nervous but in a good way.

"So (Y/N), tell me a little about yourself." Rafael said as he sat down.

"Well, I grew up in (Y/SN OR Y/CN), I went to (College name) to study (Field name) until I realized that I wanted to be a detective. With that I left college and started my journey to work in homicide where I was at for 10 years and now I'm here. I'm really not that interesting though." You said while blushing a little.

"Sounds interesting enough to me." He said before smiling at you again.

"God, he's so charming." You accidentally said aloud.

You felt your face get red and hot.

"I am so sorry..." You said awkwardly as you trailed off a little.

"Well at least now I know the feeling is mutual." Rafael said after winking at you

You both began to talk more and learn about each other's lives, childhood, hobbies, interests, etc.

Your conversation stopped when there was a ringing coming from the elevator. It was the emergency call button, someone was responding back to you after 2 hours of waiting.

"I'm sorry but we will not be able to get you guys out of the elevator till tomorrow morning at 6 AM. Please stay calm and hold tight." The voice said over the speaker.

"Ugh, how great." You said sarcastically.

"Well, at least I'm stuck in an elevator with someone amazing as you." Rafael said before giving you a kiss.

It felt like time stopped when his lips touched yours. It was so surreal, like you were in a movie or a dream.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)..I just couldn't help it." Rafael said to you.

"It's okay, I've been wanting to do that the whole time I've been in here with you." You said as you blushed even more.