Imagine 28 - Valentine's Day

AN: Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Sorry it's taken me so long to update. I've been dealing with a lot of stuff in my personal life and haven't had time to write. Hope you all enjoy this imagine!

You walked into your house exhausted from a long day of work. You were so tired you had forgot that it was Valentine's Day until you saw a card and a bouquet of flowers on the table.

'Oh shit. I forgot to get Rafi a gift.' You thought to yourself.

'Well, he did say he didn't want anything....' You thought again.

You smiled as you read the card and took in the sweet scent of the flowers. You noticed a small post it note on the vase.

It read: "Meet me in your bedroom when you get home. I have a surprise for you. -Rafael"

You wondered what the surprise could've been as you walked up the steps. When you got to the upstairs hallway, there was a trail of rose petals leading to your room.

You opened the door to the sight of your boyfriend, Rafael Barba, sitting on the bed with tons of white candles lit around the room, more rose petals everywhere, and one of those giant stuffed bears.

"Happy Valentine's Day (Y/N)." He said before giving you a kiss.

"I hope you weren't waiting too long for me.."

"Just a couple of hours, no big deal." He joked.

"I'll be honest, I may have forgotten that today was Valentine's Day so I don't really have a gift for you.....I know you said you didn't want anything but I still feel bad."

"Don't worry cariño, you're the only gift I want. The fact that you're here safe in my arms is all I need."

"You're too sweet Rafi." You said before kissing his lips.

"I try, I try."

"Now close your eyes (Y/N). I have one more surprise for you." He said again.

"Um okay..." You said nervously as you closed your eyes.

"Okay! Open them!" He said excitedly.

You opened your eyes and saw Rafael on one knee proposing to you.

"(Y/N), I knew from the first day we met three years ago that I would want to spend the rest of my life with you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me cariño and I don't know what I would do without you. Will you marry me (Y/N)?"

Tears filled your eyes as you heard him speak. You couldn't believe he just proposed.

"Of course I will!" You answered.

You admired the ring as he slid it onto your finger.

"It's so beautiful Rafi."

"It was my abuela's before she passed away."

"I love it." You said as you hugged him.

Best Valentine's Day ever.