Imagine 6 (Baby)

AN: Sorry for taking so long to upload a new imagine! Lately I've just been really out of it and unmotivated. Thank you guys for being so patient with me! Hope you enjoy and feel free to leave comments on what you think! :D

It was mid June and you were currently 38 weeks pregnant. There were only 2 weeks left but it  felt like time had gone by super quick. The baby was due on June 20th to be more specific. You and Rafael had also decided not to find out the gender of the baby till they were born. You guys thought it would be fun to be surprised.

Your husband, Rafael Barba, was at work all the time. Although it made you feel sad and lonely most times, you understood that his job was important and he couldn't be there for you 24/7.  It did make you nervous from time to time though. Sometimes you would think of things like if your water broke when he was gone or the possibility of Rafi missing the birth of your child. This was just you overthinking things again. "Everything's gonna turn out fine" is what you told yourself when you thought negatively.

You were sitting on the couch finishing up an article for your column in The New York TimesIt was a good thing that you were a journalist because it made working while pregnant much easier! You barely had to leave the house anymore and we all know that's a struggle when you're pregnant and about to pop!

All day you'd been having the worst cramps. Even though you'd been getting cramps recently the past couple of weeks, these were starting to become unbearable.

You moved your laptop aside and laid down.

"I'll just take a quick nap." You said quietly to yourself.

Taking a nap usually helped subdue your cramps.

------------------------2 hour time skip------------------------------------

You woke up to the feeling of something wet between your legs.  You looked down and saw that your pants were completely soaked in something. You prayed that it was just pee but you came to the realization that your water had just broke. You tried to get up and go to the bathroom but your legs went weak because you were in so much pain.

You reached for your phone and sent Rafael a quick text.

"Water just broke. Meet me at the hospital."

Immediately after sending that message, you dialed 911.

You waited and waited painfully for what felt like forever but it had really only been 5 minutes.

Soon your phone began to ring. You looked at the screen and saw that it was Rafael calling you.

"Hey cariño, is everything alright?" He asked right as you answered his call.

"Everything's fi-fine. Just gotta wait it out." You said painfully.

"Stay on the phone with me till the ambulance arrives, okay (Y/N)?"

"Mhm, okay..." You said as your voice began to drift off.

Things began to get blurry and Rafael's voice began to get muffled.

The next thing you knew, you were waking up in the hospital.

You saw Rafael pacing back in forth next to the bed.

"Rafael what happened? Is the baby okay?" You asked groggily.

Rafael immediately came over and held your hand as he heard your voice.

"You passed out due to all the pain you were experiencing at home. When I didn't hear you respond back to me on the phone, I became worried and rushed over to see if you were okay. I got here just as the ambulance did and ended up riding with you."

"Didn't you have a big case today though?" You asked.

"I did..but I asked for a recess. You and our baby are way more important to me than a case."

You smiled as you heard him speak. He cared so much about you, It was starting to drive you crazy. A good kind of crazy.

"Rafael?" You asked nervously.

"Yeah, what's up (Y/N)?"

You looked away for a minute while holding back some tears.

"Is the baby okay?" You asked while still looking away.

It stayed silent for a couple of seconds before he answered back.

When you turned to face him, you saw that he was looking at the floor. 

When he looked up at you, you could tell he was uneasy about something. About what though? You thought to yourself. If everything was fine, he wouldn't look this nervous.

"Rafi, if something happened, you need to tell me." You said as a tear rolled down your cheek.

"I'm not sure. They haven't told me anything yet."

AN: Hey guys! Let me know if you want a part 2 to this and if I should make it in a whole separate part or just re-update this one! Your feedback is highly appreciated! xx