Imagine 22 - Be Okay

You were 7 months pregnant and were reading your 3 year old daughter a bedtime story when you suddenly got a call from Rafael's friend, Olivia.

"Give me one minute darling." You said before leaving the room.

"Hey Liv. What's up?"

"(Y/N)...Rafael just got into a car accident and he's on his way to the hospital. Do you want me to come and pick you up?"

You felt your stomach drop instantly after you heard what happened.

"Yes please."

You quickly ran into your daughters room and picked her up.

"Mommy where are we going?"

"We're gonna go visit daddy."

When Olivia arrived, you tried your best to move quickly but being pregnant made that a big challenge.

"Here, let me help you." She said before helping you and your daughter into the car.

"How is he?" You asked worriedly.

"We're still not exactly sure yet. He's in surgery right now."

You waited for Rafael to get out of surgery for what felt like hours. Your daughter had fallen asleep on your lap as you waited.

The doctor finally came out and told you everything that happened. Rafael ended up with internal bleeding, some fractures and broken bones.

You walked into the hospital room and saw him lying in bed, still unconscious. You sat down next to the bed and cried quietly, trying not to wake your daughter up.

You held Rafael's hand and began whispering to him.

"Please be okay. I need you here. I can't do this without you." You said before looking down at your stomach.

"Your children need you Rafael. Please wake up."

"Please just be okay." You whispered as more tears fell down your face.