Thirster 2467: 13.

The first thing Marilyn thinks of when she wakes up is the killing. She sits up quickly from laying down and her bedroom starts to spin. She puts her hair in a bun and rubs her eyes, noticing that she didn't sleep much. 

Through her closed bedroom door she hears feet movement in the kitchen and small living room. It's probably Lee getting ready to leave and go to work with the other scientists. Marilyn quickly gets up and dresses before heading to the bathroom. After washing up she opens the door but it's silent. Lee already left and all the lights are closed.

Marilyn curses at herself and slides her feet in the closest pair of shoes she finds. She doesn't eat breakfast, thinking she doesn't have time and rushes out the door. She walks through the hallways, reaching the underground area where all the vampires are. 

She passes a couple of scientists, greeting them with a good morning before proceeding to find Pierce. She stops after turning to another hall and the man standing in front of her has his back towards her. Agent Doloman turns around after hearing the loud breathing coming out of Marilyn's mouth. 

He greets her with a rough smile, standing besides him is Dr. Sammis. Marilyn takes a step back because she doesn't want to cause any problems around Agent Doloman. She doesn't know how much he knows but she sure as hell is aware that Dr. Sammis has told him stuff. 

"Good morning Marilyn." Agent Doloman starts and he realizes that her eyes are roaming around the hall and not towards him.

"Morning." She tries to look over his shoulder to see if there are any vampires chained up and marched to the death room. The most painful way they kill the vampires are by putting them all in a box and opening the metal ceiling on top, burning them at stake. 

"Is everything okay?" Marilyn snaps back at the two men and she eyes Dr. Sammis who has a long smirk on his lips. 

"Yes I just want to see the vampires die." 

"Really? Or do you want to do something else?" Marilyn realizes that Dr. Sammis is testing her and she keeps her thoughts in tack, trying not to break. 

"No just wanna go see." 

"Carry on then I'm not stopping you." Agent Doloman says and Marilyn gives him a quick smile before walking away. The men turn to watch her walk down the hall and scan her card to get through the metal doors. 

"She's going to do something." Dr. Sammis starts and Agent Doloman turns to look at him. 

"How do you even know?" 

"Don't you see it? She's curious... curious in a bad way." He proceeds to walk to the doors where Marilyn went in. "And I don't like it." 

Marilyn passes the boxes where each vampire is suppose to be locked in. Some were empty and the others were calling her out and yelling disturbing things. She passes the guards who were doing their morning duty and goes into the other single room where Thirster 2467 is suppose to be. 

When she walks in she's disappointed to see an empty box. The dim lights are on and she makes sure that he is gone, walking up to the box and looking at the corners. Hoping that he was hiding she was shocked that he was actually gone. Even though his file wasn't in the pile they still knew and took him. 

Marilyn leaves the room and takes the elevator to ground floor. The floor that has the best sunlight to seep through the box that's going to kill the vampires. 

Pierce is standing in the single line they made with the other vampires. They took him from the box during his weakest period and chained his wrists and ankles together. They shot him multiple of times to keep him down so he doesn't fight. Marilyn's blood that made him grow strong bled out of his wounds and made him vulnerable again. 

"Let's go you bloodsucker." One of the guards say, smacking him in the back of the head with the butt of his gun. Pierce grits his teeth and doesn't say a word but walk down the line. He doesn't know why he's getting moved from the claustrophobic box but for some reason he's pleased about it. He can get some fresh air from moving in a musty hallway than in the box where he can only smell his dried blood and Marilyn's scent.

He thinks about her again, wondering if it's her fault why he's out of the box. Maybe she said something? Pierce feels a bit broken, believing that he can trust her. At the same time he grew angry about it and felt his fangs sting his bottom lip. 

Suddenly two guards open two large metal doors and force the vampires in. The vampire wrinkles his nose, smelling death. There's a larger white box and they throw the vampires in there. The scientists don't bother to unchain them and they electronically lock the thick door, keeping the vampires in. 

The vampires talk to each other wondering why they are in there. Pierce ignores them while staring ahead at the window where he sees the scientists watching them. That's when he sees Marilyn. 

Marilyn turns to the window and makes eye contact with Pierce before looking away and searching for Lee. When she finds her through the crowd of scientists she walks up to her and grabs her shoulder. 

"How-how did they know Pierce was one of the chosen ones?" She starts trying not to be loud to attract ears around them. Lee looks at her for a moment before answering. 

"I don't know I promised you I wouldn't say anything. I didn't do anything." Marilyn hears the broken voice of Lee's and for some reason she believes her. Marilyn puts her hand down that was on her shoulder and sighs. 

"He's in there and I don't know how to get him out." Lee looks down at the floor and shakes her head. 

"I'm sorry Marilyn but there's no way to get him out now." Marilyn's eyes twinkle with tears and she takes a deep breath. Suddenly the whole room vibrates and a loud noise rings in everyone's ears. Marilyn turns around in shock, realizing that Dr. Sammis already clicked the button to open the ceiling.

The vampires start to scream, all of them cowering to the dark corners against the walls so they don't burn. Marilyn rushes closer to the window and sees Pierce fearless, no emotion on his face. He seems ready for death, accepting the real truth of dying. But Marilyn wasn't. 

She raced back to the buttons to try and stop the ceiling from opening any wider. Just like she did last time to save Pierce. Dr. Sammis knew what she was going after and stands in front of her, stopping her from saving the vampires. 

"Not this again." He growls his eyes hungry to watch the vampires burn. Marilyn's throat tightens and her thoughts start racing. "Guards take her out!" He screams grabbing everyone's attention to them.  Pierce hears Dr. Sammis through the screams from the vampires, the sunlight inching closer to his pale skin. 

He turns to the window and sees two guards rushing towards Marilyn. They grab her arms but she fights through it. Marilyn stomps her heel down on one of the guards and she makes up her mind. She's going to do something she's going to regret later... if she survives. She's going to do something no one will forgive for.

Marilyn breaks loose from the other guards grip and runs to the thick metal door that was keeping the vampires locked in the box. Pierce knew exactly what she was going for and a sinister smile runs on his lips. 

Dr. Sammis screams no but that didn't stop Marilyn's movement. She was inching closer and closer to the button. Her brain was telling her to stop but her legs still moved. 

When she reaches the button on the wall that opens the door, she doesn't hesitate to click on it. 

Activating the door to unlock and open. 

~~~~

OH NO!!!

Hehe can't wait for the next chapter. 

vote

comment 

follow me :)