Thirster 2467: 26.

They race down the hall and Marilyn pushes by the pain striking up her arm. People pushed past them and soldiers were shooting down the creatures that were attacking the humans for blood. They have been locked up for days or months so Marilyn isn't surprised if they are craving for something warm.

Suddenly a quick strong force knocks Marilyn off her feet when she pauses from running. She hits the floor with a vampire climbing on top of her. Her eyes widen when it's sharp teeth bare at her. She thinks about last time when she got attacked and that aching bite returns to haunt her.

Before the vampire can sink it's fangs into her, Lee pulls the trigger. Bullets fly and hits the vampire on top of Marilyn. The vampire stands and hisses at Lee. Marilyn crawls backwards in fright, blood spraying across her face.

Before the vampire can grab Lee a pair of hands wrap around it's face and twists it's head to the side. The vampire collapses onto the ground and standing behind it was Pierce. He turns to Marilyn who's staring at him with wide eyes. For some reason is he always her savior. 

There's pain and pity in his eyes but Marilyn sees that he quickly pushes it aside when they all hear a scream. Marilyn stands and behind them is a vampire savagely ripping his fangs into a scientist. Her screams are filled with agony and she stops when her throat burns. The halls eventually grow quiet and the vampire pulls her head off her body. Her head rolls on the ground and Marilyn takes a couple of steps back from shock. Lee grips her arm tightly and tugs her into her. 

The vampire wasn't like others. He was furious, blood seeping through his shirt and dripping off his chin. He hisses at the three of them, his fangs oozing with saliva and blood from his recent prey. Pierce takes a step in front of Marilyn and Lee facing the vampire. 

He turns to Marilyn and nods to her. 

"Go!" He shouts and Marilyn jumps from his voice that echoes in the silent hall. The only thing she can hear is her heartbeat racing and the vampire down the hall growling at them. For some reason Marilyn didn't want to chase after Dr. Sammis and stay with Pierce. However, Lee pulls on her arm and they both turn, darting down the hall and away from the two vampires ready to battle. 

Pierce feels his fangs lengthen from anger and hunger. He smells the remains of blood left in the dead bodies surrounding him however, his objection was to kill the vampire in front of him. 

"You're going to fight against your own kind?" The vampire chuckles, kicking the head in front of him aside. "You're going to help the people that kept us locked in here?" 

"I'm not helping them." Pierce clenched his hands into fists and lunges forward. The vampire quickly moves aside and Pierce turns to face him. The vampire throws a punch and blood pours down Pierce's nose. He feels his broken nose start to heal back and he licks the blood pouring over his lips. 

He grinds his teeth together and tackles him to the ground. He climbs on top of him and starts punching him across the face. Blood stains his knuckles and the vampire pushes him off. They both stand and Pierce sees soldiers appears down the hallway behind the vampire. He runs to the vampire, turning him towards the soldiers and they start shooting. 

He uses the vampire as a shield from the bullets. When the soldiers stop firing they still have their guns pointing at the two bloodsuckers. Pierce feels the vampire stiffen in his hold and he drops him on the floor. Before the soldiers can get to him he turns his heel and vanishes down the hall. He was determined to find Marilyn because she could be in danger. 

Marilyn and Lee jump over the dead bodies all over the ground every time they turn the corner. Lee slips on a pool of blood and she hits the floor. She groans, the side of her face covered in blood. Marilyn bends down and helps her up. 

"Come' on we need to get the cure." Marilyn pleads to her and when Lee gains consciousness after falling she gets back up. When they reach the door where Dr. Sammis hid the cure Lee goes first. She points the gun towards the shut door in case someone is in there. 

Marilyn stands behind her body, peering over her shoulder. Lee grabs the doorknob and for some unknown reason it's unlocked. Lee pushes the door open but without attention someone pulls the trigger of a gun. Marilyn flinches at the loud bang and the bullet hits Lee in the chest. Lee tumbles back and Marilyn tries to catch her but she falls on the ground. 

"Oh my god, oh my god." Marilyn didn't know what else to say. She goes on her knees and presses her hands on Lee's wound but blood kept on pooling between her fingers. Lee starts to gasp for air but eventually started to struggle. "Lee hold on okay please." Marilyn pleads but Lee's eyes grow glassy and her chest stops moving. Tears run down Marilyn cheeks and she hears someone behind her. 

Something is pressed against the back of her skull and she pulls her bloody hands off of Lee's wound. She starts to shake because she's afraid of the sudden movements behind her. 

"Get up." The voice is dark and stern. 

"Move the gun." Marilyn's words quake in fear. 

"Get the fuck up!" Dr. Sammis spits with venom. Marilyn obeys and slowly picks herself up. She looks away from Lee's dead body in front of her. She turns and the gun is pressed against her forehead. 

Dr. Sammis wipes his face with his other hand because sweat is dripping. Marilyn grits her teeth together and stares at him nervously. Any second he can kill her. 

"You don't understand how long I've waiting to do this." He chuckles to himself like a psycho. Marilyn cringes in disgust that he's wanted to kill her. A human. "You just never fucking ended this game."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Marilyn mumbles then winces when he presses the muzzle harder on her head. 

"Why do you want to help them so badly! So what that I found a fucking cure! It'll be long gone after I leave here." He pulls the hammer down and the cylinder spins to a new bullet. "And when you're gone." Marilyn squeezes her eyes shut and waits for her last moment.

~~~~~~

Hi! One last chapter next! Can't wait for the next update! Can't believe Lee died! 

Enjoy and thank you for your patience.

vote

comment 

follow me :)