Thirster 2467: 22.

The party is tonight and Marilyn's stomach would heave every time she thought about it. Of course she was nervous to get in and hoping she doesn't get caught. She also knew exactly where it's going to be, on the East side of the Area, away from the vampires. 

She's wondering if there could be a way if she can sneak  from the party and go see Pierce. She knows she won't be able to help him escape because they'll be security at every door and hall. 

Marilyn slowly got ready in the afternoon. The sun was going down when she got out of the shower and then she started to curl her hair. After, she does her makeup and slips on her dress. Lastly she puts on her heels and puts on the mask to cover her appearance. 

Hopefully they don't really realize who she is because she has never dressed like this in the Area. She barely put on heavy makeup besides when she went out to the City. She always wore jeans or leggings so the small dress is the first time they'll see her wearing something like that. 

Marilyn stares at herself in the mirror before grabbing her side bag and Lee's keys that she stole. She wonders if Lee found out that she took them but probably not. Those keys will let her get in without a hassle. 

After taking a cab that dropped her off a block away of the 'DO NOT TRESPASS' sign and fences surrounding the underground institute she walks towards one of the metal doors in the dark. Her heart starts to pound against her ribs. She has a feeling this won't turn out good. She unlocks the door and when she peaks her head in she's surrounded by a dark hallway. 

No guards are standing around her so she walks in. So the alarm doesn't go off she types in the code surprised that they didn't change it after she left. She puts the keys in her bag and she walks down the hall, her heels echoing in the silenced hall. 

After peaking through different halls she finally reached the East side where the party is. It's just like the other years. The same damn thing. Scientists bring their husbands or wives and everybody enjoys each other's company with a glass of wine. They all are dressed in fancy dresses or suits. Marilyn was always the youngest in this party and she still is. 

A waiter comes up to her with a tray, offering her a glass of red wine. She takes it from the tray, thanking him and taking a sip. She rolls the wine around her tongue and inside of her mouth, tasting the sour yet bitter taste. Her red lipstick stains the top of the glass every time she drinks. 

"You come here often?" A male scientist says to her. She's seen him before but vaguely because he works on the West side with the dead vampires. When the vampires die he opens up their bodies and explore like an autopsy, however they already know how they died. Marilyn looks down at his hand that's holding the glass and he's wearing a wedding ring. 

"Disgusting." She mutters to herself before walking away from him. He's trying to hit on her although he's married. People these days. She stands away from the crowd trying not to grab attention. From far she sees Dr. Sammis and Agent Doloman with other scientists enjoying their time together. However they look around the room suspiciously to see if there's anything odd going on.

From far Marilyn also sees Lee laughing with a group of women. They're scientists who she knows because they've worked on Pierce. One has a bandage on her neck because she survived the attack when Marilyn opened the door for the vampires to escape. She looks away when Lee turns her head towards her and she takes another sip of wine. No one has come up at all to ask why she's wearing a mask because over the years many couples do it at the party.

"May we please grab everybody's attention." Agent Doloman's voice echos in the large room. Everybody stops talking and turn all their heads to the build stage. Agent Doloman stands on it, speaking through a microphone. "Thank you all who are attending this 67th annual Party in Area 75. I would like to make a toast to everybody who does hard work in trying to experiment with these Thirsters and also trying to find a cure."