Thirster 2467: 25.

Marilyn was shaking when Lee informed her that she was able to go back. She sat on the couch wondering if this is a good idea. She was wondering if she should end it right now and move on. But Pierce was in there and she needed to get him out.

She dressed in a pair of light washed jeans and a regular t-shirt. It was something comfortable to wear when she arrives there. This is the time when she's going to spill Dr. Sammis secret. Also the time she's going to get Pierce out.

Marilyn goes into the bathroom and undoes the bandage around her wound. She cleans it hoping it doesn't get infected before covering it again. She stares at her reflection in the mirror, gaining confidence before heading out of her Studio.

She called for a taxi and informed the driver to take her near the Area. Every time she takes a taxi they always wonder why she goes there but they don't ask further questions. Marilyn sat in the back of the cab, playing with the hem of her shirt nervously.

When she gets out of the car she walks towards the main entrance she never takes. Lee is behind the large wired gate and allows her in. Lee can't help but engulf her into a hug and kiss her cheek.

"I'm glad you're okay." She whispers in Marilyn ear. Marilyn hugs her back but for some reason she doesn't have the ability to feel for her. For all these years of having Lee as a mother figure, Marilyn feels like they're long life friends right now. Nothing more nothing less.

"We'll see after today." Marilyn says before pulling away from her warm body. They walk in silently side by side towards the underground Area. They arrive in front of the large steel doors and the soldiers check them.

Marilyn starts to break a sweat fearing of getting attacked again. She never thought she'd get shot and now there's a lot of pressure on her. She fears that she'll get shot again and they're watching her every move.

"Agent Doloman is in his office. We'll go there." They approach this office and he lets them in when Lee knocks on the door. A shiver runs down Marilyn's spine when she sees him sitting at his desk. He gazes at her with a dark look.

"Marilyn, you know I don't want you back but Lee's explanation somehow made me agree." Marilyn stands because for some reason she's afraid to sit. The hairs on the back of her neck stand and her forehead forms a layer of sweat.

"Last time I was here, I found out that Dr. Sammis is hiding something. Something so important to all of us and he just kept it locked away because he wants vengeance. He wants all the vampires dead." He rolls his eyes and raises his hand to stop her from talking. She shuts her mouth, cursing inside her head.

"Get to the point."

"There's a cure to vampirism." Marilyn shuffles her hand through her bag and takes the tape out. "I watched this tape and there's many more in his room that he keeps locked. It's a video of him curing a vampire and he becomes human in the end. He has viles of this cure in a medicine fridge. Many of them."

"Marilyn how can I watch this tape if I don't have any of the electronic devices to watch it on? It's 2017 they don't sell those cassette players anymore." He reaches over and takes the tape from her hold. He examines it before placing it on his lap.

"Then let's go to the room. You're the main head of this Area you can do whatever you want. Believe me Agent Doloman, this will save the vampires." He sighs and stands from sitting at his desk.

"Very well, let's go." Lee and Marilyn walk to the door and he follows behind them. When they walk into the hallway he shuts his door and proceeds to lock it. Marilyn looks down the hall and there stood Dr. Sammis, staring back at her. She swallow a lump that forms in her throat. He tilts his head and Marilyn follows what they connect to. He sees the tape Agent Doloman is holding on.

"Oh shit." She mutters under her breath before he races down the hall and vanishes in thin air. Nervous, Marilyn points down the hall and when she opens her mouth nothing comes out. Agent Doloman and Lee looks at her with confusion in their eyes and she gasp.

"He knows. Dr. Sammis knows. We need to stop him!" Marilyn screams and she starts to race down the hall but Lee grabs her good arm. She tugs her back against her and she looks at Marilyn with wide eyes.

"You aren't going anywhere by yourself. If they see you without us they'll kill you." Agent Doloman mumbles something in his walkie-talkie that usually rests on his belt. Suddenly an alarm goes off and it's not the alarm that rings when someone is invading the Area. It's the alarm that notifies everybody that vampires are on the loose.

Marilyn snaps her head down the hall and doctors and workers are racing by from one side to the other. She knows exactly who did this. Who would free the vampires so most of them will get shot and die. Who would try to get away from having the cure to save the monstrous creatures walking among us. Dr. Sammis released all the vampires in the Area so he can escape from getting caught with the cure.

"We need to evacuate right now! It's daytime so they won't be able to get us from outside!" Lee screams and they hear gunshots erupt in the echoed hallways. People are screaming from either the gunshots or being attacked by hungry, angry vampires. Marilyn thinks of Pierce and she yanks her grip from Lee.

"I can't let Dr. Sammis out that easily. We need to stop him."

"No time for that Marilyn!" Agent Doloman takes his gun out from the case and he loads it. She shakes her head, taking a step back.

"Either you come or I go by myself." Lee bites her bottom lip before deciding on what to do. She grabs the other gun that's clipped on the side of Agent Doloman's belt and he watches her.

"What the hell are you doing?" He shouts to her over the loud alarm.

"I'm going with Marilyn!" Marilyn nods her head before they both turn and head down the hall where all the vampires are released.

~~~~~

So I'm not sure if I'm gonna to keep it as one more chapter left or two but I'll decide when I write the next one!

Sorry that it took this long but thank you for sticking with me! Love you all! Enjoy.

Vote
Comment
Follow me :)